The Student Room Group

Mike Parry Quits TalkSport in Protest of Andy Gray & Richard Keys Joining.

Discuss......

Mike Parry was a legend. They've lost me as a listener...

Scroll to see replies

Discuss? :holmes: I don't care. I don't listen to TalkSport. :pierre:
Reply 2
It's a travesty. Porky was comedy, the only reason I tuned into talksport and he's been shunned for these two ****ers? Sad, I won't be listening anymore
WHAT, NO :angry:

Parry was gold; one of the gems of the station. :frown:
Reply 4
So, the Everest of **** Andy Gray talks over 90 minutes every weekend is now going to be available for three hours every weekday, and at the expense of Mike Parry. Gods preserve us :facepalm2:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Christien
So, the Everest of **** Andy Gray talks over 90 minutes every Saturday is now going to be available every weekday. Gods preserve us :facepalm2:

15 hours a week.

I've never listened to Talksport, and plan to keep it that way.
Reply 6
Never listened to TalkSport, probably never will.
Reply 7
Original post by RNBen
Never listened to TalkSport, probably never will.

Tried listening to it...it's absolute garbage. The radio equivalent of The Sun...but with more attention-seeking *******s. There's absolutely no point listening to it.
Doesn't Collymore present on TalkSport? :holmes: Another reason not to listen to it. :yes:
Reply 9
Original post by Overmars
Tried listening to it...it's absolute garbage. The radio equivalent of The Sun...but with more attention-seeking *******s. There's absolutely no point listening to it.

I hate the football on the radio. They know it's **** so they try and make it sound overly exciting, because of their overzealous punditry I honestly think every throw in is a penalty. Something along the lines of...

"Surely not!! What a vital decision by the linesman!!", "Rafael steps up...!!!! Throws it to Giggs."
Reply 10
Better than listening to Alan Green have a **** over liverpool on 5 Live.
Original post by Overmars

True as far as the football analysis is concerned but Parry even though he fished for callers was amusing as is Hawksbee in the 1-4 slot. Nothing worth listening to beyond those two (and Mike Graham) though, Adrian Durham is a complete ****.

Parry was Talksport ffs
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
It's bound to be a success
From a fake twitter account set up in Gray and Keys name:
"Quite excited about the new radio show. We guarantee it won't offend any women, as no women listen to TalkSport."
rofl.
Reply 14
You would be suprised at how many women phone into talksport tbh.

I like Talksport on a monday after the weekends games... and to he who slated radio football commentary.. are you joking me? You'd rather listen to the boring drivel of commentators on sky. I watch the match on sky turn the sound off and stick the radio on. Much better.
Original post by Vintage

I like Talksport on a monday after the weekends games... and to he who slated radio football commentary.. are you joking me? You'd rather listen to the boring drivel of commentators on sky. I watch the match on sky turn the sound off and stick the radio on. Much better.

Exactly. The triumvirate of Keys, Gray and Tyler went stale years ago and the constant backslapping and smugness was just irritating.

Radio commentary is far more informative than tv commentary, which relies heavily on talking in clichés.

Parry is a legend. Gonna be missed!!
Reply 16
Original post by Vintage

But then the radio commentary is ahead of the tv footage by a few seconds, non?
Talksport, 5 Live etc. They are all ****. Football is for TV and all you ever get on these is **** callers who are retarded. Couldn't care less tbh
WHAT?!
HAS PORKY PARRY GONE?!
he was the legend of mid morning radio

Quick Reply

Latest