The Student Room Group

Nursing at York

Scroll to see replies

Oh sorry, busy refreshing my email 13445 times a minute :smile:. I also live in York. So it's really my only choice. I'll tell you my beautiful age if I get in. Or else my mature butt is going to develop a midlife job crisis :smile:)))
well i'm 24, so i'm classed as a mature student, but personality wise who knows? :biggrin: haha
does not look like were hearing 2day :frown:
Hiya I went on the open day on the 16th march and have got my offer through today ! yay! haven't quite made up my mind yet though eeek so exciting xxxx:smile::smile::smile:
Original post by Cathkidston<3
Hiya I went on the open day on the 16th march and have got my offer through today ! yay! haven't quite made up my mind yet though eeek so exciting xxxx:smile::smile::smile:

Congrats!
So did you guys hear from York first or through UCAS? They had told me I would hear from the university before UCAS was updated.
Heard from UCAS first - but letter from uni was on front mat when I got home :smile: uni has my email but they didn't contact me that way and both have my mobile number but didn't send me txts.
I got the letter on the same day as Ucas but got the letter before hand as i had just come home !!!XXXX:smile:
Original post by Cathkidston<3

I was there on the 16th but I haven't heard yet :frown: congrats anyway :smile:
Just heard from York, not really good news, they can't accept me for this year... but they may be able to offer me a place for next year... I'm not sure what to do :s-smilie:
Original post by xxxjojoxxx
Just heard from York, not really good news, they can't accept me for this year... but they may be able to offer me a place for next year... I'm not sure what to do :s-smilie:

:s-smilie: Oh not such a great response but a good backup?
Original post by Black_Coffee
:s-smilie: Oh not such a great response but a good backup?

Well im not sure because have said will either offer me a place for this year, next year or a rejection.. so just have to wait for them to update UCAS, which they have said they will do as soon as they can, but hopefully will have some offer :redface:
Have you had an update from ucas yet?
Original post by Happyhealth
Have you had an update from ucas yet?

No not yet... but my friend got email on thu offering her place for next year but they have not updated her ucas yet, she had received the first email when i did, but this was a proper offer. have u heard anything else from them?
Yeah, I got an email through on Thursday too. Basically, said I had a place for next year too. But it seemed to be just like the first email. I tried to call them yesterday but didn't get through to anyone.
Original post by Happyhealth
Yeah, I got an email through on Thursday too. Basically, said I had a place for next year too. But it seemed to be just like the first email. I tried to call them yesterday but didn't get through to anyone.

I don't think they will be sending me any emails, as I sent a couple of emails with some questions regarding the first email, and the last thing they said to me was that they will update UCAS as soon as they can with my decision... so not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing? :s-smilie: Have you managed to get in touch with them yet?
I did talk with them today. The lady was super nice. They are hoping to have UCAS updated tomorrow or at least to have word about it. They've handed over the applications to the main department at the University and it seems they are lagging a bit. So it's out of the Department of Health's hands. The waiting still sucks huh?
ye it does, i'm so nervous as to whether I will be accepted for a place or not, I told them I would be happy to be considered for this year or next year.. fingers crossed! By sounds of it, you will be getting offer for next year... so let me know what happens with UCAS :smile:
Still waiting for UCAS to update, nothing like York waiting to the last minute. This is getting a bit frustrating!
me too, gotta be soon though cos uni's need the replies by 5 or 6th May... let me know when you hear and I'll let you know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending