The Student Room Group

Glasgow or Strathclyde..?

Im applying for civil engineering.
and I personally prefer Glasgow Univeristy over strathclyde, just becaus im used to that area of the city, I like th (old / harry potterish) image of the building and Glasgow Uni is a higher ranked Uni overall. On the other hand.. In terms of civil engineering, Strathclyde is better (or so i heard..)
so which is it...? the Uni that's ideal for the course that i want, OR th uni that I personally like ?
wud be happy to hear your thoughts if u are facing the same dilemma..
Have you visited the Strathclyde campus? I personally really hate their campus! But, Strathclyde is extremely highly regarded for engineering, but Glasgow has a better reputation overall (it's part of the Russell Group).

You should go to the university where you know you would be happy at for 4 years! :smile:
Original post by The Answer
Im applying for civil engineering.
and I personally prefer Glasgow Univeristy over strathclyde, just becaus im used to that area of the city, I like th (old / harry potterish) image of the building and Glasgow Uni is a higher ranked Uni overall. On the other hand.. In terms of civil engineering, Strathclyde is better (or so i heard..)
so which is it...? the Uni that's ideal for the course that i want, OR th uni that I personally like ?
wud be happy to hear your thoughts if u are facing the same dilemma..

Strathclyde, definitely. The best engineering department in Scotland and a huge amount of scholarships available to students (BP, Pöyry, etc.).

Quick Reply

Latest