The Student Room Group

AQA ICT - Info 1 Coursework.. help needed

Hey guys,

anyone who does Aqa ict at A level, could you please help me with my spreadsheet coursework..(info 1)

I started creating my spreadsheet, i need help with how to link one sheet to another in the same workbook..
I'm creating stock control system for in spreadsheet..
Basically, i have Sheet 2 that contains Product code, name, description and unit price.
I have 20 items contained in that sheet.
and i want to have same data as Sheet 2 stored on Sheet 4 aswell, (but not copy and paste the data from sheet 2 to sheet 4) linking the sheet 2 to sheet 4 so even if i add new entry into Sheet 2 (original) it should reflect automatically update the new entry in Sheet 4
so whenever i add new entry of other items in sheet 2, i want it to automatically update the same data on sheet 4 as well so i would not need to copy and paste new entry into sheet 4 again!
Basically, Sheet 4 should contain same data as sheet 2 but if i add new data into sheet 2 it should automatically reflect the changes done in sheet 2 into sheet 4.
How would i do that?? Any ideas..?
I tried Copy and *Paste Special* > paste link, but if i add new entry to sheet 2, it will not update it in sheet 4, only if i replace one of the existing items(change the data contained in the cell)
THANKS in advance! I know i wrote a lot of crap, you're probably all confused by now, but i would appreciate any help!)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by CraziiFreak
Hey guys,

anyone who does Aqa ict at A level, could you please help me with my spreadsheet coursework..(info 1)

I started creating my spreadsheet, i need help with how to link one sheet to another in the same workbook..
I'm creating stock control system for in spreadsheet..
Basically, i have Sheet 2 that contains Product code, name, description and unit price.
I have 20 items contained in that sheet.
and i want to have same data as Sheet 2 stored on Sheet 4 aswell, (but not copy and paste the data from sheet 2 to sheet 4) linking the sheet 2 to sheet 4 so even if i add new entry into Sheet 2 (original) it should reflect automatically update the new entry in Sheet 4
so whenever i add new entry of other items in sheet 2, i want it to automatically update the same data on sheet 4 as well so i would not need to copy and paste new entry into sheet 4 again!
Basically, Sheet 4 should contain same data as sheet 2 but if i add new data into sheet 2 it should automatically reflect the changes done in sheet 2 into sheet 4.
How would i do that?? Any ideas..?
I tried Copy and *Paste Special* > paste link, but if i add new entry to sheet 2, it will not update it in sheet 4, only if i replace one of the existing items(change the data contained in the cell)
THANKS in advance! I know i wrote a lot of crap, you're probably all confused by now, but i would appreciate any help!)

You're certainly on the right lines, and all that's missing is to link the empty cells which new entries could be placed into.

Easiest way I'd say is to hold the Ctrl key then press G to get the "Go To" screen up. For the cell reference, enter A1:Z65536. This will highlight a ridiculous number of cells in the spreadsheet. Then do Copy; Paste Special->Paste Link like you did before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending