The Student Room Group

University of Warwick Interview - Questions

Hi everyone, I have just received an invite from University of Warwick for an interview next week. I actually have a friend who goes there but he did not have to do an interview so he has no idea what type of questions they could ask.
So, I was just wondering, how can I prepare for it and what can I expect? Its more of an open day / informal interview (at least the letter suggested it). My friend said that there is no way in hell they will give me a maths question as the ones they wish they could give me would take way too long and they will not insult my intelligence by giving me one which can be solved within 15 minutes.
The course that I am applying for is maths with stats.

Thanks in advance
Original post by xardzio
Hi everyone, I have just received an invite from University of Warwick for an interview next week. I actually have a friend who goes there but he did not have to do an interview so he has no idea what type of questions they could ask.
So, I was just wondering, how can I prepare for it and what can I expect? Its more of an open day / informal interview (at least the letter suggested it). My friend said that there is no way in hell they will give me a maths question as the ones they wish they could give me would take way too long and they will not insult my intelligence by giving me one which can be solved within 15 minutes.
The course that I am applying for is maths with stats.

Thanks in advance

Is 15 minutes a short amount of time to solve a question? :eek:

Though I had an interview sort of thing when I applied to warwick for Maths&Physics, fairly casual, just chatted about Physics mainly, but your thing might be different.
Original post by xardzio
they will not insult my intelligence by giving me one which can be solved within 15 minutes

What?
Reply 3
I dont know, ask my friend.
@ForGreatJustice
Thanks a lot man, I am probably going to read around maths in everydays life and see how it goes.
Fingers crossed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest