The Student Room Group

All offer in, opinions on best choice?

Alphanumerical order..

G100 Mathematics at Lancaster
G400 Computer Science at Nottingham (I didn't apply for this)
LG11 Economics and Mathematics at Sheffield
LG11 Economics and Mathematics at York

These are all unconditional offers btw, so it really is solely down to just picking.

I enjoy maths a huge amount (at my level anyway), and am rather good at it (A), particularly mechanics.
I've never taken computing at college, learnt any programming languages or really done anything beyond a "Pro-noob" level.
Economics I find very interesting, and have so far had a pretty quick and natural grasp at it.
I don't perform very well in timed essay exams.

Any degree-uni combination I pick, I want to do well at it. I believe it's within me to be capable of a 1st, and so would want to achieve that.

Which option do you think would be the best course for me, leave me with the best degree, and put me in the most advantageous position when in the graduate jobs market? (The overall best box-ticker).

Ta babes x
Reply 1
i'd say economics and mathematics at york
Reply 2
I think you should rule out Nottingham and focus on the other three, since you didn't apply for that course anyway and don't seem to have that much interest in pursuing a computing degree.

I would go for York or Lancaster. Because I like York and Lancaster.
Reply 3
How do people think the Sheffield course compares to that of York?
e.g. how much would I be "missing out" by picking Sheffield over York (Or Lancaster)
Reply 4
I'm bumping this, as it really is decision time.

At the moment I seem to be swaying towards Sheffield, is this a bad decision do you think?

I'm a little worried about me seeming fickle in general, and seen to be choosing 'party unis' on my CV. (I dropped out of Southampton last week).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending