Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

questions for christians:Do all christians belive allah is satan one and the same ?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    It's also not his words, none of the bible was written by him.
    not written by him but by the people chosen to tell the world his story and of his father (his words not mine)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radekal)
    To me (i'm Catholic) Allah is just the Muslim word for God. It's still the same God, although he may resemble the fearsome God of the Old Testament more than the description found in the New Testament.
    It's not the same god. It's a completely different one, with a different holy scripture.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therunner)
    REALLY - CANT YOU SEE THAT FACT ALLAH hates jews and chrisitans and makes apoint to prescaute them - does that not sound like something satan would have a hand in
    To me it's not Allah that wants to persecute Christians and Jews, it's the extremists who got the wrong end of the stick, and started to believe what suited their earthly views.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by windsurfingbob)
    not written by him but by the people chosen to tell the world his story and of his father (his words not mine)
    What's your source on that? And his words preach intolerance, violence, hatred of homosexuals, subjugation of women, suppression of sexuality, and this is all ignoring the fact the Bible has literally thousands of contradictions.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    What's your source on that? And his words preach intolerance, violence, hatred of homosexuals, subjugation of women, suppression of sexuality, and this is all ignoring the fact the Bible has literally thousands of contradictions.
    ever been in a church?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ever been in a church?
    I used to be christian, so yes. Why?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    I get the angel bit, but where/how the hell did he get the dark spirits part from the bible :lolwut:
    http://www.gotquestions.org/demon-possession.html

Like I said, it's bs...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    "If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known ... thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die.--13:6-10 Deuteronomy"

Maybe they don't believe Allah is satan, but they'll kill anyone who follows him.
    (Original post by therunner)
    The reason i ask is i was having an argument with my Muslim friend and he said no thats not true at all - Christan's don't believe that , but to me it seems so obvious :

From what i have read allah clearly dislikes jews and Christians ,and denounces whats Jesus did on the cross , to me that just sounds to much like the old devil for me, also saying the god of the bible and the quran are the same god is just another half truth from the devil to confuse people that's waht i think,

what do you think ?
    I think as an Arab Christian you've just insulted God. God in Arabic is Allah.
    • 6 followers

(Original post by Tzarchasm)
    I think as an Arab Christian you've just insulted God. God in Arabic is Allah.
    Not necessarily; one could, for sake of argument, consider a possible distinction between "God" and "the being [if there was one] who conversed with Muhammad" and, for notational convenience (because most refer to him that way anyway), name the latter Allah.

Similarly, if there was a Tom, and a person, possibly the same, called Tomas in Czechoslovakia, one could refer to the entities by those names, and it'd obviously be absurd to suggest "as a Czech, I think, by insulting Tomas, that you're insulting Tom, since Tom in Czech is Tomas." Wot.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    http://www.gotquestions.org/demon-possession.html

Like I said, it's bs...
    But why africa?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    I used to be christian, so yes. Why?
    used to
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    It's not the same god. It's a completely different one, with a different holy scripture.
    Jews have the Torah, which is a different scripture, and yet they believe in the same God
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    used to
    What's your point? That I have to be christian to understand the bible? Your grasp of judeo-christian teachings appears to be rudimentary and childlike. I've read the bible 3 times, and whenever I offer you an example of something in its scriptures you skirt around it. Please actually address my arguments. The reason I'm an atheist is because I actually read the bible, not just listened to what excerpts the priest chose that didn't include the incredible amount of tolerance that can be found in most passages.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jews have the Torah, which is a different scripture, and yet they believe in the same God

The torah is a section of the bible, not a completely different scripture. The jewish and christian god are the same. The Islamic one is not.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yahweh=Elohim=Allah.

There's even a complete issue about the common root letter YHWH but I can't remember it all. Basically God is all of the above. There are 100's of names for God, but just because they might sound unfamiliar to the ear doesn't mean He is a completely different deity.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    The torah is a section of the bible, not a completely different scripture. The jewish and christian god are the same. The Islamic one is not.
    Why?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    The Quran quotes the Bible and the Torah, they are all the same god: Abrahamic.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    But why africa?
    Apparently evil manifests itself in different ways, in Britain it's militant atheism, in Africa it is evil spirits...

Yea, I know. 0.o
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    Sorry, you can do the research yourself, but there are numerous arguments for the theory they are exclusive gods. One, for example, is that both the bible and the quran say to kill the followers of the other.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    The Quran quotes the Bible and the Torah, they are all the same god: Abrahamic.
    Thank you. I knew someone would back me up

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 2, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.