Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

questions for christians:Do all christians belive allah is satan one and the same ?

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radekal)
    Thank you. I knew someone would back me up

It seems a bit weird to say that the Jewish & Christian god are the same, yet Islam's isn't.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    Sorry, you can do the research yourself, but there are numerous arguments for the theory they are exclusive gods. One, for example, is that both the bible and the quran say to kill the followers of the other.
    I got the impession that they both say to kill the followers of other gods. I may well be wrong, but I've never heard of the Bible quote: "Thou shall kill the Muslims".

Apologies if this is an actual Bible quote.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got the impession that they both say to kill the followers of other gods. I may well be wrong, but I've never heard of the Bible quote: "Thou shall kill the Muslims".

Apologies if this is an actual Bible quote.
    The bible says to kill anyone who doesn't follow the judeo-christian god. That includes the muslims.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    The bible says to kill anyone who doesn't follow the judeo-christian god. That includes the muslims.
    But that's my point. They DO follow the same God.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    But that's my point. They DO follow the same God.
    I won't debate this in a lot of detail, as my knowledge of Islam is not as good as of christianity, but what arguments do you have that support that?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    I won't debate this in a lot of detail, as my knowledge of Islam is not as good as of christianity, but what arguments do you have that support that?
    I've told you this already, the bible quotes the torah, the quran quotes both. They're all the same god :facepalm:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    I've told you this already, the bible quotes the torah, the quran quotes both. They're all the same god :facepalm:
    What passages in particular?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    No theist I've have a religious conversation with has ever hinted anything like that, from my experience most believe the religions to all be one of the same merely with different names and stories to explain their morals.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    What passages in particular?
    "Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians -- whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve" (2:62, 5:69, and many other verses).

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" (5:82).

"O you who believe! Be helpers of God -- as Jesus the son of Mary said to the
    Disciples, 'Who will be my helpers in (the work of) God?' Said the disciples, 'We
    are God's helpers!' Then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a
    portion disbelieved.But We gave power to those who believed, against their
    enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed" (61:14).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    Like Christians, they recognise Abraham and Moses and prophets. They also recognise Jesus as a prophet. They believe in angels, just like Christians do. They believe in hell, and in the Day of Final Judgement.

I'm not an expert in Islam either, but these are basic things.

To me, Islam is simply a different interpretation of the same God.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    "Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians -- whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve" (2:62, 5:69, and many other verses).

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" (5:82).

"O you who believe! Be helpers of God -- as Jesus the son of Mary said to the
    Disciples, 'Who will be my helpers in (the work of) God?' Said the disciples, 'We
    are God's helpers!' Then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a
    portion disbelieved.But We gave power to those who believed, against their
    enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed" (61:14).
    I'll look this up, thank you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    obviously you are one ignorant bigot OP
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey!)
    I'll look this up, thank you
    S'OK
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saichu)
    Not necessarily, just consider: if someone hears a voice in his head claiming to be God, that does not automatically make the voice [NOT Satan].

Thus, the question of whether the being (should there have been one) talking to Muhammad was, in fact Satan is nontrivial (indeed, Muhammad himself considered a similar possibility [alt. Islamic source]). However, this is not a view held by anyone I know.
    Refrain from using that site as an "Islamic source" or don't name it as such. Muhammadanism.org is as deceiving as they get.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therunner)
    The reason i ask is i was having an argument with my Muslim friend and he said no thats not true at all - Christan's don't believe that , but to me it seems so obvious :

From what i have read allah clearly dislikes jews and Christians ,and denounces whats Jesus did on the cross , to me that just sounds to much like the old devil for me, also saying the god of the bible and the quran are the same god is just another half truth from the devil to confuse people that's waht i think,

what do you think ?
    they perhaps believe that anyone who opposes the christian dogma is perhaps not satan themselves but the under the influence of satan...

some would go as far as to say that they are satan in action..... have heard this is a roman catholic church (w4)
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saichu)
    Not necessarily, just consider: if someone hears a voice in his head claiming to be God, that does not automatically make the voice [NOT Satan].

Thus, the question of whether the being (should there have been one) talking to Muhammad was, in fact Satan is nontrivial (indeed, Muhammad himself considered a similar possibility [alt. Islamic source]). However, this is not a view held by anyone I know.
    It's a Christian missionary site.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The reason i ask is i was having an argument with my Muslim friend and he said no thats not true at all - Christan's don't believe that , but to me it seems so obvious :

From what i have read allah clearly dislikes jews and Christians ,and denounces whats Jesus did on the cross , to me that just sounds to much like the old devil for me, also saying the god of the bible and the quran are the same god is just another half truth from the devil to confuse people that's waht i think,

what do you think ?
    As a devout Christian, I can certify that we believe Allah and Satan are one and the same!
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    ilah = Arabic word for "deity"
    Allah = abbreviated form of Al-ilah = Arabic term for "The Deity" or "God" with a capital G.

Jesus himself used the Aramaic word "Eli" to refer to God, from which the Arabic terms are derived. According to the Bible, while on the cross he said "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" (My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?)

God/Allah/Eli/Deus/Dios/Dieu
    = Same thing, different language. Which is why even non-Muslims who speak Arabic (e.g. Palestinian Christians) refer to their God as "Allah", while Muslims who speak English might often use the word "God" instead of Allah. The words are all interchangeable.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

what do you think ?
    Are you mad?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think that if there is only one God, then we can only be worshipping the same God even if there is a different perception of that God. I definitely don't think that allah and satan are one and the same!

Also, I think you said in your first post (just read through the thread so if you didn't/someone else did, apologies) but from my understanding (albeit limited) of Islam there is a strong tradition of respect for Judaism and christianity as they are religions of the book. Much stronger, indeed, than in christianity.

Also, there was some comment above about people not being able to disregard sections of the bible as they are all 'Gods law'. I think that the old testement (and to some extent the new testement) is a primitive human race trying to understand something that we can never fully understand; if I don't think that their interpretation is correct or contains much of the truth, then I can in some way disregard it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.