The Student Room Group

Will Unis think less of my application if I pick more than one subject?

This is the second time I've done UCAS, and I know I'm very late doing it, but I've spoke to my universities and they're still willing to look at my application. I'm applying to Worcester and Coventry, but I'm undecided whether to choose business or history. Worcester do business management and history combined honours so ideally, I want to study that. But will my application have less credit if I choose Business Studies as one choice and History as the other? I was always told not to when I did UCAS at sixth form but I was just wondering if anyone had done this or if anyone had any advice?
Reply 1
I haven't done it, but I was told by an admissions tutor that if your personal statement wasn't completely focused on their subject it was an automatic rejection. Basically those courses are competitive enough that they have plenty of fantastic students who want to study that and only that, without considering someone who isn't really sure. Make sense? Sorry if it's not what you want to hear.

But for combined honours you should talk about both.
If they are related subjects and you can justify you're interest in both then it's fine. For example, I applied for both Human Biology and Sports Science, justifying it by focussing on the Bio aspects of Sports Science. I was told it was fine. I was actually rejected for Sports Science, but it could easily have been due to my grades :tongue:
Reply 3
I reckon if you make sure your personal statement covers your interest in both, possibly by relating them together some way such as an interest in business history or something to that effect you would be fine. I know someone who applied for 3 different courses this year and so far she has two unconditionals so far so I don't think it's impossible :biggrin: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending