The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Accomodation

Hiya.. Looking to meet people before I go to University! Will be studuing Childhood Studies in University of Leeds and hoping to stay in Opal 3!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How far is opal 3 from the university?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Tanya---
How far is opal 3 from the university?

like 5 min walk not far at all
Reply 3
Original post by zohaib01
like 5 min walk not far at all

That's fine then, google maps told me it was a 26 mins walk..:s-smilie:
What about Clarence Dock, how far is that from the University? That's the cheapest acommidation I could find..and oxley residences. Thank you :smile:
I cant imagine living in clarence dock. I had to walk pretty much the same distance last night to get back home (on campus), walking through hyde park at 3... and just wondering... people have to do this every day? Thank god i can crawl out of bed at 8:55 yummm :smile:
Reply 5
That's fine then, google maps told me it was a 26 mins walk..:s-smilie:
What about Clarence Dock, how far is that from the University? That's the cheapest acommidation I could find..and oxley residences. Thank you :smile:

Clarence docks is like 40 mins walk but theres a bus that goes aswell oxley is 2nd furthest like 20 mins on bus like 1 hour walk

I'd say Ledois is a good call ensuite close to uni and not over subscribed like the others bit old looking though but its cool, Also Oxley and Bod have really good atmosphere being far out

And walking to uni from opal 3 is like just walking from morrisons plus you have few shortcuts aswell not far at all
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Clarence docks is like 40 mins walk but theres a bus that goes aswell oxley is 2nd furthest like 20 mins on bus like 1 hour walk

I'd say Ledois is a good call ensuite close to uni and not over subscribed like the others bit old looking though but its cool, Also Oxley and Bod have really good atmosphere being far out

And walking to uni from opal 3 is like just walking from morrisons plus you have few shortcuts aswell not far at all

I really liked Clarence Dock.. it looks good, but if it's that far, knowing me I'd never make it to lectures on time! It was cheap too. Oh well, Ledios is ok too and if it's close to the University that's fine. It'll probably be between Opal 3 and Ledios then. Although I will be going for an open day and checking the accommodation out. Thanks for your help. :smile: Are you at Leeds University?
Reply 7
I really liked Clarence Dock.. it looks good, but if it's that far, knowing me I'd never make it to lectures on time! It was cheap too. Oh well, Ledios is ok too and if it's close to the University that's fine. It'll probably be between Opal 3 and Ledios then. Although I will be going for an open day and checking the accommodation out. Thanks for your help. :smile: Are you at Leeds University?

yeh come to the open day it gives yu a better idea and yeh 1st year :smile:
Reply 8
yeh come to the open day it gives yu a better idea and yeh 1st year :smile:

Ooh ok, what course? And which accommodation are you staying in?
Reply 9
Ooh ok, what course? And which accommodation are you staying in?

Psychology and tannery dont stay here its like a dumping ground for all the rejects
Reply 10
Psychology and tannery dont stay here its like a dumping ground for all the rejects

Oh wow psychology :smile: and ooh tannery doesn't sound good. It'll probably be opal 3 for me, if its close to the Law school then that's perfect for me.
Reply 11
Oh wow psychology :smile: and ooh tannery doesn't sound good. It'll probably be opal 3 for me, if its close to the Law school then that's perfect for me.

I think law is dotted around campus opal 3 i good but if you dnt get into it you can always go private in opal as like floors 12 an above are private
Reply 12
I think law is dotted around campus opal 3 i good but if you dnt get into it you can always go private in opal as like floors 12 an above are private

Thanks for all your help :smile: I think for it it'll be between Leodis residences and Opal 3. Although I would have preferred the cheaper option such as oxley residences or clarence dock. But ah well, i'll pay more if it means I can get up and go to my lectures.. I'm pretty lazy, as you probably would have figured out. :biggrin:
Reply 13
Thanks for all your help :smile: I think for it it'll be between Leodis residences and Opal 3. Although I would have preferred the cheaper option such as oxley residences or clarence dock. But ah well, i'll pay more if it means I can get up and go to my lectures.. I'm pretty lazy, as you probably would have figured out. :biggrin:

Have you had a look at Montague Burton? It's cheap and slightly closer to the uni than Leodis.
Reply 14
Original post by Gemini92
Have you had a look at Montague Burton? It's cheap and slightly closer to the uni than Leodis.

Yep, I looked at it.. its cheap but no en-suite rooms. Leodis/Opal 3 I think it will be. Clarence Dock seems too far for me lol
Reply 15
Yep, I looked at it.. its cheap but no en-suite rooms. Leodis/Opal 3 I think it will be. Clarence Dock seems too far for me lol

yeh i thinks that what i would have gone for if i had to choose again Leodis that is :smile:
Reply 16
yeh i thinks that what i would have gone for if i had to choose again Leodis that is :smile:

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/opal3/index.html
I'm looking at accommodation because I want to start booking it soon, but I really can't decide :s-smilie:
I don't know what I should go for, there's so many.
My main priorities are:
* Close to the University (to the Law building)
* En-suite
* Not over £110 a week

The one's that I like are too expensive, I want it to be close.. I do like Clarence Dock but it's quite far. I want to make sure I book the right place for me.
Reply 17
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/opal3/index.html
I'm looking at accommodation because I want to start booking it soon, but I really can't decide :s-smilie:
I don't know what I should go for, there's so many.
My main priorities are:
* Close to the University (to the Law building)
* En-suite
* Not over £110 a week

The one's that I like are too expensive, I want it to be close.. I do like Clarence Dock but it's quite far. I want to make sure I book the right place for me.

yeh your opitions at either opal 3 or leodis and about the social aspect its mainly down to luck and how much effort you make there is nothing perfect but only you can make it perffect :O
Reply 18
yeh your opitions at either opal 3 or leodis and about the social aspect its mainly down to luck and how much effort you make there is nothing perfect but only you can make it perffect :O

Yep that's true. I don't know :s-smilie: I think I'll go for Leodis, although Opal 3 looks better.
Reply 19

I liked Leodis a lot, but ended up booking Clarence Dock! I hope it's good :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest