The Student Room Group

Food and Drink you can still get, but used to be SO much better.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clo-clo1
Is it just me or has the 3 creme eggs for however much deal disappeared?

possibly? It's 2 for 85p in Spar here.
Reply 81
Tizer, that tastes **** these days. :sad:
Reply 82
Agree with Smarties, i used to love those as a kid especially the poppy plastic top that my brother and cousins flicked at me to annoy me!! i cannot bring myself to eat them now, they have no flavour!! I remember each colour tasting slightly different, now they're all the same and the chocolate inside has no flavour either.

Also fruity polos no longer exist! :frown:

I think that walkers crisps have gone down drastically too, the cheese and onion used to be heavenly but now leave a horrible after taste in my mouth :'(
Reply 83
omg i remember when smarties had letters on them!
god, flashbacks to my childhood there haha.
Reply 84
Original post by bellacute
Agree with Smarties, i used to love those as a kid. I remember each colour tasting slightly different, now they're all the same and the chocolate inside has no flavour either.

It was only ever the orange one that actually tasted of orange. All the others tasted the same, of just plain chocolate. This was one useful thing that I learnt in Maths A Level!
Reply 85
Original post by xStaceyy
omg i remember when smarties had letters on them!
god, flashbacks to my childhood there haha.

I don't know why I loved the popper-top Smarties so much - all I could spell was "ppppstp" (for some reason I always got "P" as the letter, and I NEVER got vowels).

You COULD play Tiddlywinks with them, or they were decent as makeshift Pogs I suppose...

Anyway, Smarties also used to taste different; not necessarily the different colours, but the shells in particular were denser and crunchier.

Once again, a casualty of being made healthier, I'd imagine!
Rainbow paddle pops.

They're ice creams made with rainbow ice cream.
The ice cream used to contain BLUE ice cream. But, now as they're free of artificial colours and flavouring, there is no blue!

It's NOT A RAINBOW anymore!
Reply 87
Original post by TotoMimo

Also, I think I was one of the like, four people in the world that liked the vanilla ice cream flavour:

I LOVED them ! I must have been only about 8 and probably only had 3 packets or so but I miss them so much ! hahaha :biggrin:
Reply 88

Same name. Totally different ****tier taste.

Reply 89
Jammy dodgers, Lion bars and Zappers.
Reply 90

**** you, Solero Starburst.
i think coke ie not diet coke used to be nicer in the 90s than it is today, also pot noodles were nicer
Reply 92
I agree about Tizer. Although I could NEVER stomach that "ice" version.

Also, I miss when Cadbury's Animals were larger, with the thicker, properly wavy chocolate on the back and the biscuits were a slightly darker colour (once again, a casualty of the health brigade). Oh, and they actually looked like ANIMALS, as opposed to the anaemic, eyeless ghost-blobs they are now:

I don't care for the redesigns of the animals on the boxes either. That tiger on the new one looks like it's flirting with me.

I always feel I missed out in these threads, I never liked sweets or crisps (apart from like salt and vinegar/ready salted walkers), or drinks that weren't coke...

So I wouldn't know. :sad:

I was raised on a diet of actual food.

Anyone remember these?

Oh yea and kinder suprise eggs :coma:
What's with Kinder Eggs these days!? The chocolate tastes like crap, and the little collectible toy things are awful! I mean, you used to hope for one of the little animals, you know, there'd be like 20 different turtles or lions or whatever-and you were always disappointed when you got one of those DIY cars or something,

but now it's all stickers and stamps with 'hello' in different languages on them. I don't want a language lesson. I want my goddamn animal.
Reply 96
Creme eggs, because they are tiny now!

Also Sailor Jerry Rum, I was so pissed when they changed the recipe omg :frown: it used to be AMAZING, now it just tastes like any other rum. R.I.P </3
Reply 97
Pot Noodles. After they did the stupid "NOW LESS ADDED SALT!!" thing they taste like shiat.
(And I mean, come on. No one's gonna eat them to be healthy.)
Reply 98
Original post by nadiah
Creme eggs, because they are tiny now!

Also Sailor Jerry Rum, I was so pissed when they changed the recipe omg :frown: it used to be AMAZING, now it just tastes like any other rum. R.I.P </3

Sailor Jerry! I totally agree. What's the point in it now? They kept the premium price point without the signature taste. It'd be like if Malibu changed their recipe to remove the coconut.
RIBENA. :frown:

And definitely agree on the Twix, thing... I hadn't noticed that until I came to this thread. I remember when I was little I used to bite off the caramel and then eat the delicious shortcakey biscuit part, but it is just like cardboard now.

What a sad thread...

Quick Reply

Latest