The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
college of west anglia was too far for me aswell, way too far, especially when you can get the same thing in london (although better with COWA when applying for uni's)

for c&i they'll just send u a letter for the aptitude test and asking for the score when u enrol. thats all based on whether u did well on they're test.

give it a few years till the course gains recognition and alot more colleges will offer the same course, as well as universities accepting the qualification
Reply 41
lol everyones worryin bout gettin into the course...should be worried about the intensity and whether or not you may need to do additional a levels to strengthen your profile.

i myself am re-taking 8 gcses and going over as level chem/bio/phys as prep for the upcoming year my son
Reply 42
I'm going to have to do AS Chemistry alongside the access to med course at C & I which should make my application stronger. I feel for you having to retake so many GCSE's alongside A-levels thats going to be intense.
Reply 43
Original post by apoci

Original post by apoci
college of west anglia was too far for me aswell, way too far, especially when you can get the same thing in london (although better with COWA when applying for uni's)

for c&i they'll just send u a letter for the aptitude test and asking for the score when u enrol. thats all based on whether u did well on they're test.

give it a few years till the course gains recognition and alot more colleges will offer the same course, as well as universities accepting the qualification

Have you attended their assessment/interview?

They want you do the UKCAT and bring the score to them when you enrol and start your course June/September, if its below 600 they won't support you to apply for medicine or dentistry.
Reply 44
anybody been accepted into places yet?
Reply 45
I got accepted onto the City & Islington Access to Medicine course, but this was the admin team telling me I had a unconditional by my name over the phone, they will be sending out letters from the 8th April
Reply 46
Original post by Cutaneoplastâ„¢
Hi, is this for Lambeth or for CandI? Did you get an interview at Lambeth?

Yeah C & I are going to be posting out decisions on the 8th April, I managed to find out about my interview as I called up and spoke to the course advisor who said I have an unconditional.

I attended the assessment for Lambeth a while back but my interview is on the 19th May, I think I'll be ok
Reply 47
Original post by Shamzmix_34
I attended the assessment for Lambeth a while back but my interview is on the 19th May, I think I'll be ok

Wow, congrats for getting an interview at Lambeth! Did they tell you what your score was on the assessment? What is the minimum passing score again for both numeracy and literacy? Please share cheers, thanks! Lambeth is my first choice.
Reply 48

Wow, congrats for getting an interview at Lambeth! Did they tell you what your score was on the assessment? What is the minimum passing score again for both numeracy and literacy? Please share cheers, thanks! Lambeth is my first choice.

Thanks, the minimum score required in the maths is 18, 19 or 20 out of 20 marks and 4-6 out of 8 marks on the specific maths related to medical practice questions. They are really strict on the maths and near enough everyone in my assessment group got rejected there and then as they mark the papers straight after you've completed them.

The literacy requires you to be at Level 2 and if you do get Level 3 then that near enough guarantees you an interview, I didn't do too well in my maths but they still called me in for an interview and the chance to re-do the maths which is cool I guess. City & Islington straight rejected my mate for their access course when he missed their marking criteria by one mark so they are really strict.

You just have to give it your best go and hopefully all goes well for you, and me lol
Reply 49
Thanks, the minimum score required in the maths is 18, 19 or 20 out of 20 marks and 4-6 out of 8 marks on the specific maths related to medical practice questions. They are really strict on the maths and near enough everyone in my assessment group got rejected there and then as they mark the papers straight after you've completed them.

The literacy requires you to be at Level 2 and if you do get Level 3 then that near enough guarantees you an interview, I didn't do too well in my maths but they still called me in for an interview and the chance to re-do the maths which is cool I guess. City & Islington straight rejected my mate for their access course when he missed their marking criteria by one mark so they are really strict.

You just have to give it your best go and hopefully all goes well for you, and me lol

Thanks for this. Very helpful information. I hope I find out the outcome of the assessment this week, and not have to wait agees only to find out that I got a rejection lol.
Reply 50
I got accepted onto the City & Islington Access to Medicine course, but this was the admin team telling me I had a unconditional by my name over the phone, they will be sending out letters from the 8th April

Yay! Well done!
Reply 51
Yeah C & I are going to be posting out decisions on the 8th April, I managed to find out about my interview as I called up and spoke to the course advisor who said I have an unconditional.

I attended the assessment at Lambeth too sometime in February but since then i havent heard back from them. When did they get back to you for interview? was it via phone, email or post?

Thanks
Reply 52
Original post by mumapoaz

I attended the assessment at Lambeth too sometime in February but since then i havent heard back from them. When did they get back to you for interview? was it via phone, email or post?

Thanks

I had the assessment a month before they finally got back to me or around three weeks, they sent me a invite by letter, best thing to do right now is give them a call and ask them yourself. My mate is still waiting to do his assessment around early May so they haven't even started interviewing people yet I reckon.
Reply 53
I had the assessment a month before they finally got back to me or around three weeks, they sent me a invite by letter, best thing to do right now is give them a call and ask them yourself. My mate is still waiting to do his assessment around early May so they haven't even started interviewing people yet I reckon.

Thanks

I rang them up and the lady said they sent a letter out to invite me for an interview for the 10th of march, which i never receive. Anyways she has arrange another interview for me for the 19th of may.

Whats the interview all about though? Isit just a formal one?
Reply 54
I heard the interview will be a group interview? Is this true? Maybe the letter says the details of what to expect during the interview day.
Reply 55
Thanks

I rang them up and the lady said they sent a letter out to invite me for an interview for the 10th of march, which i never receive. Anyways she has arrange another interview for me for the 19th of may.

Whats the interview all about though? Isit just a formal one?

Yeah that's the same time as me, my one's at 5 so I'm still wondering how I can get around that as I finish work at 5 *siigh*

I don't know how they will be doing the interviews, I hope it's not a group one as I'd prefer explaining myself to the interview then others around me.
Reply 56
I've got a group interview on the 5th of May at 17:30 hours. The letter arrived on friday.
Reply 57
Let us all know Cutaneoplast how it all goes and what it entails, need all the help I can get, I'd much rather go Lambeth over C & I as from research it sounds like a much stronger course when applying to universities.
Let us all know Cutaneoplast how it all goes and what it entails, need all the help I can get, I'd much rather go Lambeth over C & I as from research it sounds like a much stronger course when applying to universities.

bit besides the point but huge congrats on securing a place at ur chosen college Shazmix_34 i have one assessment myself at the college where i am currently studying for their Access diploma and 2 days later another interview at a different college for their Access diploma so they all seem to come through the post at once,the only thing that concerns me at the mo is this change of funding for the access courses like certain types of benefits will no longer get u fee remission.I think i am going to have to mention this at my interview or dont u think i should Shazmix_34 m8 any advice would be appreciated by me:smile:
Reply 59
Hey, my interview date has been moved to June co'z I realised that the date I'm coming back from holidays is the same date as the interview given to me - so I had to phone up college immediately. :frown:

Latest