Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Powerlifting Journal of Redbuthotter

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Back to lifting. Some comedy cleans

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just stretching my legs.... going heavy on sunday.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got a lot of arms going on there...defo need to pull the bar more into your body and get the triple extension.

You're so bloody strong, though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    when are you gonna squat again?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i've started doing cleans to, still working on the catch position don't get my elbows high enough ;( ... you pretty much muscled up those cleans lol... strong!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Got a lot of arms going on there...defo need to pull the bar more into your body and get the triple extension.

You're so bloody strong, though.
    lol I've got no second pull. Got any tips for how to fix? Don't even know if theres a point to going heavy on squat cleans till I know how to pull.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squatting heavy on sunday. FS only though, gonna focus on FS's a bit more now, throw in some occasional low bars but not too much.

Plan is to 3rm on FS up to 150-160 then hop onto smolov, acquire 4 plate FS. Profit??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    Squatting heavy on sunday. FS only though, gonna focus on FS's a bit more now, throw in some occasional low bars but not too much.

Plan is to 3rm on FS up to 150-160 then hop onto smolov, acquire 4 plate FS. Profit??
    Go for it bro. You will have it in no time !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liftorrot)
    Go for it bro. You will have it in no time !
    lol thanks. Altho realistically, it will take some time bro :P
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:

Sounds good, I'm loving FS atm. Wouldn't mind a 2 plate FS, need to get that in back squat first though.

lol I've got no second pull. Got any tips for how to fix? Don't even know if theres a point to going heavy on squat cleans till I know how to pull.
    Err, keep arms as straight as possible but don't tense them too much (I am terrible for pulling with my arms), maintain a nice flat back (seems like you were doing this though). Think speed/acceleration past the knees and really try and engage the lats (I find thinking this helps me extend properly). Keep the bar as close to your body as possible. They are all the tips/cues I have been given.
    It's also massively connected to your 1st pull - in that you need to be thinking about maintaining back position and really using your legs - getting your bum a bit lower in the start position and not letting it come up to fast will help this. You probably want your shoulders slightly more over the bar than in a deadlift, a bit more aggressive stance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Sounds good, I'm loving FS atm. Wouldn't mind a 2 plate FS, need to get that in back squat first though.

yeah same... I really dunno why people keep bitching about how its uncomfortable to rack or it hurts their wrists/elbows. Been pretty natural for me. The one position I hate is jerk or push press rack - thumbs around the bar and elbows down... find that awkward. But 3 fingers on is piss lol

Err, keep arms as straight as possible but don't tense them too much (I am terrible for pulling with my arms), maintain a nice flat back (seems like you were doing this though). Think speed/acceleration past the knees and really try and engage the lats (I find thinking this helps me extend properly). Keep the bar as close to your body as possible. They are all the tips/cues I have been given.
    It's also massively connected to your 1st pull - in that you need to be thinking about maintaining back position and really using your legs - getting your bum a bit lower in the start position and not letting it come up to fast will help this. You probably want your shoulders slightly more over the bar than in a deadlift, a bit more aggressive stance.
    Hmmm I think my problem could be back related - I havnt straight back pulled for a while and once I pass my knees my back is a little rounded ****ing up hip drive perhaps? I'm not sure, but yes I cannot explode well once it passes the knees
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bench workout

Bench Press:
    60 x 3
    80 x 1
    100 x 4 (Easy, would have 6x4 easy)
    102.5 x 4,4,4 (last rep spotted on last set I'm sure)

Had a "ITS ALL YOU BRO" spotter today, pretty annoying. First 2 work sets were all me though so whatever.

DB incline press:
    20 x 10
    24 x 10
    26 x 10
    26 x 10

Tricep rope extension
    2x10

Some tricep machine
    4 x 10 each arm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Front squat:
    60x3
    100x2
    110x1
    120x2
    130x3

135x3PR (fairly hard)

Tried a 135 BS too... slightly uncomfortable. Not too bad for 1st post back injury squat workout and 2 weeks off though.

High hang clean high pulls with knee rebend - using straps (does this make sense? lol)

60 x 5 x 5 - pretty fun. Basically a bit like a hip clean but with slightly more dip just working on hip drive, pulling high and diving slightly so bar reaches throat.

Low row:
    40x10
    50x10x3

Need to so more lat release/activation, these were ****

High rows:
    30 x 10 x 3

Curls.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Insanely fast and explosive reps!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    they looked easy!, i'm doing my fronties paused atm, just so i don't cut depth, but my shoulders fatigue quite a bit when i do fronties, i'm not holding the bar it's resting on my delts(i literally grip bar with like 2 fingers. Is this just a case of getting used to it?

dat der maxi-raw shirt! everyone has one lol.

i swear front squats wear your upperback too lol always feel it slightly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Insanely fast and explosive reps!
    lol ty, its still light vs what I was able to do last year... seems that I will be focussing on oly and FS's now... (not out of choice lmao).

If only I had a pull like yours so I could actually use my FS strength... srsly the pull from the knees to the "pocket" or explosion point is a mystery to me. Just gonna circumvent that problem why just pulling from the pocket and doing cleans and high pulls from there for a while.

(Original post by Gallium)
    they looked easy!, i'm doing my fronties paused atm, just so i don't cut depth, but my shoulders fatigue quite a bit when i do fronties, i'm not holding the bar it's resting on my delts(i literally grip bar with like 2 fingers. Is this just a case of getting used to it?

dat der maxi-raw shirt! everyone has one lol.

i swear front squats wear your upperback too lol always feel it slightly.
    Erm they were ok, the 135 felt heavy as fook. Yeah paused is a good idea although really depth shouldn't be ambiguous if you have the flexibility to go rock bottom. Yeah its literally just getting used to it... I grip with 3 fingers and it feels very natural - having said that I did smolov for front squats in 2010 so I've a fair bit in the past.

I find my abs get blasted... because I NEVER do ab work trololool
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I told you to do 140 x 3 and you laughed...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol @ the end of the video....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallium)
    lol @ the end of the video....
    What?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What?
    crap, was meant to post on a different thread!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.