The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zaf47
NEW POST!

Ever wanted to edit a magazine? ELLE are giving interns the opportunity to edit their October issue.

http://www.helenhearts.co.uk/2012/06/elle-magazine-edited-by-interns.html

Has anyone on here entered? Looks like a great opportunity!

I would love to do this but I'm not interning anywhere at the moment! :frown:((
Reply 2161
Original post by Tom_Sg
Actually there is a rumor about a collaboration .... MMM x HM :'( it's hard.

Also YSL will not show its 2013 collection to the press but only for some "buyers" around the world.

I'm going to write an article on both topic anyway. :biggrin:

Confirmed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmbBNyK4B7A&feature=player_embedded
Reply 2162
Original post by Zaf47
NEW POST!

Ever wanted to edit a magazine? ELLE are giving interns the opportunity to edit their October issue.

http://www.helenhearts.co.uk/2012/06/elle-magazine-edited-by-interns.html

Has anyone on here entered? Looks like a great opportunity!

So I wouldnt mind applying for something like this but the job description is abysmal.
"You know that pictures and words aren’t where the work ends, it’s where it begins. You can spot the stand-out image at a hundred paces and can tell in an instant exactly what is needed to make it sing. If that’s you, you’re the ART EDITOR."
It'd be nice to know what sort of role I would actually be playing if I ever got the job.
New outfit post: wearing autumn clothes in June because of the strange weather happenings...

http://rosiedaresyou.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/outfit-post-wrapped-up-in-june.html

(Side note: blog name has changed. I've explained why in another post)
Reply 2164
So I just posted in the IFB discussion boards and its a little funny how 8 people have messaged me in the space of an hour to follow their blog. Some people seem to be so stats driven. I have found two blogs out of the eight so far that are interesting so its not too bad lol.

I've just created a group for Mens fashion/style bloggers so perhaps all you guys could join eh? :biggrin:
http://community.heartifb.com/pg/groups/2814299/mens-fashion-and-style/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2165

15.11.12 be readY. :cool:

I'll join your group!
Not sure if I'm allowed to post here as my latest post is a recipe/baking post not a beauty one - I'd appreciate some advice about how to get the best out of blogger layout wise though if anyone wants to give it a look over? I'm trying to think up a better banner cos I really dislike my current one!

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/
Reply 2167
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Not sure if I'm allowed to post here as my latest post is a recipe/baking post not a beauty one - I'd appreciate some advice about how to get the best out of blogger layout wise though if anyone wants to give it a look over? I'm trying to think up a better banner cos I really dislike my current one!

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm on my iPod ATM but will check ur site out and will offer advice once im home I could even make a banner for you if you like. Don't worry I wouldn't write my name on it or want any credit. I kind of enjoy designing sites :smile: x
Edit: just had a quick look at it on my iPod and I am liking the banner so far. Will have a proper look soon.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2168
Original post by Luxray
I'm on my iPod ATM but will check ur site out and will offer advice once im home I could even make a banner for you if you like. Don't worry I wouldn't write my name on it or want any credit. I kind of enjoy designing sites :smile: x
Edit: just had a quick look at it on my iPod and I am liking the banner so far. Will have a proper look soon.

I really don't have time to check every blog here, even post a new ticket one mine ... 6/7 exams done, one left on friday morning. Saturday holidays -> Blog.

Well I ready your post, and I was wondering if you could try to one header for me too please? :smile:
Original post by Luxray

That would be awesome, I know what I want but I just don't have the skills to put it in place! Just let me know :smile: x
Reply 2170
That would be awesome, I know what I want but I just don't have the skills to put it in place! Just let me know :smile: x

I like your banner :smile:
Many new posts since I put my link in here for the first time! Also maybe branching out to more fashion and beauty, not just nail polish :smile: www.ellenailedit.blogspot.com
xxxx
Reply 2173
Why don't all of you guys create a list in the original post and that way, everyone can check out all of the blogs? :p: It would make life a hell of a lot easier for someone who just browses :p: (like me :lol: )
Reply 2175
Original post by Tom_Sg
I really don't have time to check every blog here, even post a new ticket one mine ... 6/7 exams done, one left on friday morning. Saturday holidays -> Blog.

Well I ready your post, and I was wondering if you could try to one header for me too please? :smile:

Yeah sure, can you explain how you would like it?
Reply 2176

Hi can you tell me what you wish it looked like. Do you have any colours in mind? Do you want there to be images on it. Personally I think just text would be a good idea with a nice background (where you have the swirly image).

edit: tried thinking of banner ideas and I'm actually stuck. Just tell me what you want :smile:
So far I did this rather basic one
Untitled-3.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Luxray
Hi can you tell me what you wish it looked like. Do you have any colours in mind? Do you want there to be images on it. Personally I think just text would be a good idea with a nice background (where you have the swirly image).

edit: tried thinking of banner ideas and I'm actually stuck. Just tell me what you want :smile:
So far I did this rather basic one
Untitled-3.jpg

I'd like something kinda whimsical, delicate, girly! Thinking I might change my colour scheme to dusky pink and cream. What I might do is have a play around and draw some things on paper and then scan them in and play with them in Paintshop :smile:
Reply 2178
I'd like something kinda whimsical, delicate, girly! Thinking I might change my colour scheme to dusky pink and cream. What I might do is have a play around and draw some things on paper and then scan them in and play with them in Paintshop :smile:

Oh I'm glad you said that because I wasnt too fond of the turquoise haha.
I Like your blog.

Latest