The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by museobsessed
love the background of your blog! amazing

Thanks I made it myself :colondollar: Sorry I couldn't open the link to your blog do you mind posting it again? The vintage theme really appeals to me :smile:
Original post by Evielee_17

Original post by Evielee_17
Thanks I made it myself :colondollar: Sorry I couldn't open the link to your blog do you mind posting it again? The vintage theme really appeals to me :smile:

its in my sig :biggrin: is that what you mean doesn't work?
http://nobodychaperonesthechaperone.blogspot.com/
This isn't mine but it's one I found completely by chance and it's great for students who are living on pocket money from their parents like me! lol
I get like £20 a week and all I use the money for is travel and nail/lip stuff! :biggrin:
Original post by DancinBallerina
I did have a blog 2+years ago, but I got bogged down with uni work and completely forgot about it. Now that I am uni work free, and basically jobless (I work 6hours a week :cool:), this will keep my occupied in the free time I have during the week.

Yea, I find spending time on a blog post seems much more informative than one that blurbs with one paragraph. It's not helpful to potential readers, and kinda a waste of time for the person who wrote it lol. I'm in the middle as I write for another blog, regarding my hair care.

I too am following you so I will keep an eye out for your blog posts :smile::smile::smile:

PS: Don't suppose you know the best way to circulate a blog?? . . .:dontknow:

Ps have you tried making a page for your blog on wikifashion? I've only just signed up for it myself, so I can't really tell you how effective it's going to be. But i've gotten a bit of traffic from it so far. Just something to consider, I suppose. :smile:
Original post by Sky_Dream
Ps have you tried making a page for your blog on wikifashion? I've only just signed up for it myself, so I can't really tell you how effective it's going to be. But i've gotten a bit of traffic from it so far. Just something to consider, I suppose. :smile:

Thanks for that!

Ooo never heard of that, will sign up to it. Thanks.:smile:

PS: I have set up a youtube account, but haven't quite built up the courage to yet do videos! I think I'll see how the blog goes first before going to the next step.
Original post by jessyfantastic90
Thanks for that!

Ooo never heard of that, will sign up to it. Thanks.

PS: I have set up a youtube account, but haven't quite built up the courage to yet do videos! I think I'll see how the blog goes first before going to the next step.

You're both welcome. As I said, i've only just signed up to it so I'm not sure how effective it is, but hopefully it'll get some traffic.

Good luck with the video blogging, DancinBallerina. I've never done anything like that before, but I hope you build up the courage!
You're both welcome. As I said, i've only just signed up to it so I'm not sure how effective it is, but hopefully it'll get some traffic.

Good luck with the video blogging, DancinBallerina. I've never done anything like that before, but I hope you build up the courage!

Don't suppose you know how to link a previous blog page to a new page in making????

Don't suppose you know how to link a previous blog page to a new page in making????

I have no idea sorry :frown:, I'm quite useless with computers and can't even get the image to work. Did you manage to do it in the end?
I have no idea sorry :frown:, I'm quite useless with computers and can't even get the image to work. Did you manage to do it in the end?

Awww lol. Nope, haven't managed to do it yet, as I am trying to link my hair care products to my hair routine. But can't quite figured it out. Hmmmm. I think I'll take a break from it, get some food and return to get my head around it. If I manage it, I'll post so you know for future reference.

I think I am becoming slightly addicted to this blogging :ninjagirl: lol . . But I enjoy it, and watching people's channels on youtube :smile:.
Awww lol. Nope, haven't managed to do it yet, as I am trying to link my hair care products to my hair routine. But can't quite figured it out. Hmmmm. I think I'll take a break from it, get some food and return to get my head around it. If I manage it, I'll post so you know for future reference.

I think I am becoming slightly addicted to this blogging :ninjagirl: lol . . But I enjoy it, and watching people's channels on youtube :smile:.

Thank you, that would be useful for future reference. Hopefully you manage it soon, are there any tutorials for it on google? Is there a special widget that you need for that? I've seen widgets underneath people's posts with 'links'.

It is enjoyable the more regularly you do it I find. I didn't post as regularly during December/January time and it was hard to motivate myself again.
I've recently created a blog - here, it doesn't really have much on it, so it's probably quite boring at the moment! I'm going to focus on beauty products and tips etc and I would really like some feedback from you guys and maybe a little help with making it look a little more interesting as I'm pretty new to Blogger.

;xo
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mega Nerd

I've recently created a blog - here, it doesn't really have much on it, so it's probably quite boring at the moment! I'm going to focus on beauty products and tips etc and I would really like some feedback from you guys and maybe a little help with making it look a little more interesting as I'm pretty new to Blogger.

;xo

tried the link in the post and in your sig and neither work.

;xo

It doesn't work . .
Original post by museobsessed
tried the link in the post and in your sig and neither work.

Oh dear! I think that should work now, at least I hope!
Oh dear! I think that should work now, at least I hope!

You need to change it from 'blogger' to 'blogspot' :smile:

The amount of times I have done this. Haha :smile:

How do we share our blogs on wikifashion???
Original post by jessyfantastic90
How do we share our blogs on wikifashion???

You type in the name of your blog in the search bar and then you get the opportunity to add your blog page. Full instructions are found here: http://lola-pr.blogspot.com/2010/01/add-your-blog-to-wikifashion.html
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RosieJoan
You need to change it from 'blogger' to 'blogspot' :smile:

The amount of times I have done this. Haha :smile:

My blog is with Blogger :s-smilie: I never realised that writing 'www' before it would affect it, but it did :rolleyes:
Reply 179
I have a lifestyle blog :smile: mostly based on relationships with aspects of fashion in there as I'm a fashion student! :smile:

www.callmefranks.tumblr.com

Latest