The Student Room Group

Medics meet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
After all the stalking - (I feel left out here) would be great to meet you lot properly
Yayz. :awesome:
Reply 62
Do people want to do something "cultural" (ie not just drinking) in the daytime, or are we just keen for food + boozeage? I guess for those of you coming from further away you might want to do a bit more to make a day of it?
Original post by Helenia
Do people want to do something "cultural" (ie not just drinking) in the daytime, or are we just keen for food + boozeage? I guess for those of you coming from further away you might want to do a bit more to make a day of it?

Something 'cultural' in the afternoon sounds good. I can't do anything pre-3pm because of how bloody long it takes to get to London tho :rolleyes:
Reply 64
**** culture, I'm getting on the sauce.
Reply 65
the culture is free tbf. What culture though, science,V+A,NH etc? Or theatre? - nice but a bit more expensive...
Reply 66
Original post by Wangers
the culture is free tbf. What culture though, science,V+A,NH etc? Or theatre? - nice but a bit more expensive...
Wellcome?

Can walk from there to the Castle, just.
Reply 67
Original post by Wangers

I was thinking possibly science/NH museum if people haven't been there (and I will always go round the dinosaurs again!), possibly the Wellcome collection or if we wanted to be really medic-geeky there's the Hunterian, which I haven't actually been to yet, or one of these. The Chelsea Physic garden is meant to be really good but I think might be a bit dicey with April weather...
Reply 68
As long as cultural doesn't mean museums and means art galleries I'm in.

Edit: Aha, it does mean museums. I might pass and go and wander round tate/saatchi instead. Or go shopping :ninja:
(edited 13 years ago)
Let's get bladdered whilst culturing about?
Reply 70
Do people have a date in mind yet?
Reply 71
Original post by lekky
As long as cultural doesn't mean museums and means art galleries I'm in.

Edit: Aha, it does mean museums. I might pass and go and wander round tate/saatchi instead. Or go shopping :ninja:

What culture did you have in mind? Nothing is finalised yet. Though I will object if culture involves Oxford Street on a Saturday afternoon.
Reply 72
I live near the Tate Britain!

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Tate modern I just find creepy. I went for a run at night a few weeks ago and went past it. It was even creepier when empty/in the dark/nobody around. *shudders*
Reply 73
I've never actually been to the wellcome collection and considering it's pretty much next to my university I probably should have...
Reply 74
New poll here - get voting please!
Reply 75
Original post by Helenia
What culture did you have in mind? Nothing is finalised yet. Though I will object if culture involves Oxford Street on a Saturday afternoon.

Ah I'm just not a huge fan of museums! I don't come down to London very much so I'd probably come down earlier in the day & wander around a few art galleries either by myself or see if some of the friends I have in London are free if no one else is up for it :smile:
Reply 76
I will be in the midst of revision but if i'm home that weekend i'd like to come and say hi for a bit. Although the temptation of alcohol might prove too much...

I love the welcome trust library I wrote most of my dissertation in there its lovely!
Reply 77
I'm not going to vote for dates - I'll just have to decide once everything's arranged if I'll be coming (my birthday's on the 9th and the first 2 weekends are leading up to end of unit exams after which I should be revising hard). I'd like to meet everyone though so will come along if I can!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 78
I think that the Easter weekend + the Royal Wedding weekend +?Monday might not be such a good idea - bank holidays are when trains go crazy+ with wedding hysteria the underground will be hell, not to mention that tube workers might pick that particular time to bunk off work. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if security checks will be out in force in all public places - again hassel. + London will probably be extra expensive then...
Original post by Wangers
I think that the Easter weekend + the Royal Wedding weekend +?Monday might not be such a good idea - bank holidays are when trains go crazy+ with wedding hysteria the underground will be hell, not to mention that tube workers might pick that particular time to bunk off work. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if security checks will be out in force in all public places - again hassel. + London will probably be extra expensive then...

You've read my mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending