The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Cesar Lecat
Some sadly are not, or don't seem to grasp the seriousness of it.

Also, to the point you made. Should a majority muslim country that makes alcohol or sex before marriage illegal for it's muslim citizeans....relax? I mean really, is that what you're saying? :s-smilie:

In Britian maybe, but not in a country where it is illegal for you to do it if you are a muslim. Let's face it, the vast majority of muslims who do have sex before marriage always regret it later on in life, especially when the time of marriage comes along. I just see the government doing them a favour.

:rolleyes:

It's called freedom. Government doing them a favour? How about letting them make their own choices.
Original post by sarah_91
I meant that the holiday celebrating thing is a personal choice not the sex before marriage. In my opinion and I know this sounds sexist but usually it's the girl who regrets sex before marriage because when her husband finds out she's not a virgin he won't want her anymore. Not in all cases obviously but it happens. Usually society is more open about men having pre-maritial sex which is not fair but sadly true.

I agree. It doesn't matter what sex you are, both shouldn't do it.

Original post by Skaiyote
:rolleyes:

It's called freedom. Government doing them a favour? How about letting them make their own choices.

Well maybe if you're a muslim, you'd understand.

There are some people out there who want to walk naked, can they? Of course not, because the government does not allow it. There are some who want to smoke Cannabis, can they? Of course not, both activities are illegal in this country.

Same principle applies in Malaysia. If you're a muslim, you are not allowed to drink Alcohol or have Sex before marriage.
Reply 42
Original post by DorianGrayism
I thought your title was extreme.
The Daily Mail would be proud :gah:
Reply 43
Original post by laughylolly
I was in Saudi Arabia last year for valentines day and the Mutawa (Religious police) took everything red and pink out of the shops or told the shop keepers to put away anything red or pink (even clothing). Now that is what I would call extreme. Didn't last long... I think it ended up occurring in only a few places but yeah...

Hilarious they feel so threatened by anything pink! hahahahaha
What governments will do to stay in power... It is a pity but what can you do? I don't see Malaysians protesting against this ban anyways since 2/3 of the country is Muslim.
Reply 45

There are some people out there who want to walk naked, can they? Of course not, because the government does not allow it. There are some who want to smoke Cannabis, can they? Of course not, both activities are illegal in this country.

Same principle applies in Malaysia. If you're a muslim, you are not allowed to drink Alcohol or have Sex before marriage.

I'm a little bit fed up of these sad male muslims imposing their "I don't get sex so nobody else can!" bull**** on every other muslim on this forum.

There are many different islams in the world - and your personal version is no better or worse than that of any other muslim.

Nobody has the right to claim their particular brand of islam is perfect and better then anyone elses. You can construct almost any belief system out of the Koran. It is wrong for people to impose their own particular interpretation at the point of a gun, or a police baton.

Trying to make valentines illegal is an impositon of one brand of islam upon many others. It's an act of insecurity and tyranny. It should be resisted everywhere it rears its ugly head.

There are many unhappy muslims living under other peoples belief systems, simply because these other tyrants masquerade under the banner of Islam when in fact they are totalitarian fascists.
(edited 13 years ago)

The sound of an argument breaking down...
If muslim people want to get together and agree none of them will have sex before marriage, that is totally fine by me - after all, it's their choice.

If they impose this restriction on any non-muslims - then we have a problem.
Reply 48
Original post by GuitarMilesy
The sound of an argument breaking down...
...Until you read the rest of his/her post.
Original post by Shkilla
...Until you read the rest of his/her post.

...which shows the argument has well and truly broken down.
Original post by RyanT
I'm a little bit fed up of these sad male muslims imposing their "I don't get sex so nobody else can!" bull**** on every other muslim on this forum.

There are many different islams in the world - and your personal version is no better or worse than that of any other muslim.

Nobody has the right to claim their particular brand of islam is perfect and better then anyone elses. You can construct almost any belief system out of the Koran. It is wrong for people to impose their own particular interpretation at the point of a gun, or a police baton.

Trying to make valentines illegal is an impositon of one brand of islam upon many others. It's an act of insecurity and tyranny. It should be resisted everywhere it rears its ugly head.

There are many unhappy muslims living under other peoples belief systems, simply because these other tyrants masquerade under the banner of Islam when in fact they are totalitarian fascists.

There's so many things wrong with that post, I genuinely don't know where to behind :s-smilie:

There isn't many different Islam. There is only one Islam. Yes you get different sects, usually two main ones. However Sex before marriage is not allowed, under any sects. The Quran is quite clear and direct. You have to be mentally retarded to think other wise.

Any muslim who does have sex outside of marriage (i.e. boyfriend/girlfriend relationship) would know that it is not allowed in Islam.

Now I don't want to be rude, but please do some background reading on the religion before you post again. Because what you just spouted was utter nonsense.
Original post by GuitarMilesy
...which shows the argument has well and truly broken down.

Really? Where did my argument break down? If it did, funny how you just quoted one part but didn't refute or make a point about the other part of my argument :rolleyes:
Valentines day is commercial nonsense anyway. If you want to treat your other half well why do it more on one day of they year than the others?
Original post by Jenny_Jazz
Valentines day is commercial nonsense anyway. If you want to treat your other half well why do it more on one day of they year than the others?

I agree
Reply 54
Please can you hide this as it might be offensive to certain people during ramadan. Thanks.
Original post by H156
Please can you hide this as it might be offensive to certain people during ramadan. Thanks.

If it's so offensive why bump it after 5 years? :confused:
Reply 56
Original post by Orwell
silly muslims

I'm pretty sure that all 1,570 million Muslim population don't all agree with this law. Please don't generalise and patronise like this.

Latest

Trending

Trending