The Student Room Group

Lloyds TSB recruitment process...

Scroll to see replies

Hi LadyG,
It was ok, I wore a black blazer, white shirt, black trousers and black heels, you could wear a smart dress or a pencil skirt if you want.
The woman seemed a bit I don't know, like she was proper grilling me! It started off with questions based on their values like 'name a time you put a customer first' 'name a time you contributed well to a team' , I did prepare for these but I think she was expecting very long answers, and for it was quite hard as I didn't have a lot of experience, I also researched every question she could ever ask but only a few came up, she obviously also asked why do i want to work there.
She writes notes down and then will score every candidate and get back to you (she said she will call me tomorrow 2nd sept) and then there's another interview with the bank manager where they'll ask compliance based questions, more on the lines of 'name a time you adapted to change' I think mine went ok, but I have a feeling I will not be successful!
Good luck to you though!
I do hate the fact the process is quite long, I applied on the 30th of July, had an interview a month later (thinking this was the final stage) and now I find out there's another stage!
Hi, I applied for a customer assistant role two weeks ago. I passed the tests and the telephone interview and have since been waiting to book a selection event. I found newer roles and called for a transfer hoping there would be available slots. Still the same thing. Any change since you applied?
Reply 102
Original post by T.A.Official
Hi, I applied for a customer assistant role two weeks ago. I passed the tests and the telephone interview and have since been waiting to book a selection event. I found newer roles and called for a transfer hoping there would be available slots. Still the same thing. Any change since you applied?

Hiya,

Do you remember what questions they asked you for the telephone interview please?

Many Thanks
Reply 103
I was invited for a video interview. Could anyone share the experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I received an email to say I'd passed the online tests and that Lloyds would get back to me soon but when I looked on their careers website today it said my application was unsuccessful due to not meeting their criteria? what should I do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mattjohnbrock
I received an email to say I'd passed the online tests and that Lloyds would get back to me soon but when I looked on their careers website today it said my application was unsuccessful due to not meeting their criteria? what should I do

Posted from TSR Mobile

Call them up, for sure. And soon.
Hi, I was wondering if you had a contact number for Lloyds as I have passed the application stage but no interviews available yet. I want to try and call them. Thanks
Hi lyrical_lie
I haven't got phone interview yet . Can you tell me what they asked you in general ? Thank you
Reply 108
Hey, I was wondering if anybody has been to an assessment centre, if so what does the day consist of as i've been told that it is 4 hours long!
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how long the Apprenticeship lasts for? Also, what are the career prospects after you have finished the Apprenticeship?

Who works in LLoyds bank ? Need to speak asap
Original post by legolas_09
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how long the Apprenticeship lasts for? Also, what are the career prospects after you have finished the Apprenticeship?

Depends on what scheme you're on, my Risk one doesn't end for 2 years and I started it last month :smile:
Original post by Tubby4ben
Depends on what scheme you're on, my Risk one doesn't end for 2 years and I started it last month :smile:

I'm applying for the Personal Banking Advisor role in Middlesex
I'm applying for the Personal Banking Advisor role in Middlesex

I believe (but I'm not 100% certain) that in branch apprenticeships last a yearrr
Passed recruitment for working within the Lloyds call centre and was congratulated however I was too late in applying and have been offered a 'reserve' position after sitting around for 5 hours.... A bit of a kick in the teeth if I'm honest.
What questions where on the online test and application
Recently I went through the process of Loyds TSB recruitment. The process was extremely user friendly and Tests were standard. On the passing of tests you are invited to book yourself in for an interview. On the day it is potentially an interview 1 on 1 and an activity that requires you to demonstrate your skills. However I had an interview with an interviewer and a section manager that was effectively writing notes on what I say. Questions were quite basic competency questions asking you to recall on your previous knowledge and why you have opted for an apprenticeship with Loyds. It is hard to recall in the moment but its important to be as professional as possible and have a good result for each answer you give demonstrating to the interviewer that you have the sufficient skills they are looking to pick out from you in the questions. Build an effective rapport with the interviewer with occasional professional 'banter' and a smile on your face showing you genuinely want this job. It is ESSENTIAL to do as much research about the bank and your specific role as well as 3-4 questions that are stand out and not basic, After the interview they will notify you of when they will call or e-mail you in regard to the feedback of the interview. In my case i got a call about a week later saying that they are pleased to offer me a role (conditional basis due to vetting procedures). Dont be nervous and take away a good experience on the result. If the interviewer asked about availability you know you are on the right path on the interview day. Also be as professional, smart and well mannered as possible being friendly with any college you approach.
Hi,

Career prospects are extremely vast. Apprenticeships with Lloyd not have a set time and length but presumably around 1-2 years. Understand in order to push promotion it is a necessity that you achieve qualifications and progress yourself instead of simply doing the role you are asked to do.
Hi, just applied online for an Apprentice Customer Advisor role. Could anyone guide me to what comes next? On the application it said I wasn't required to complete a situational judgement test, also are the assessment centres a compulsory stage of every role at Lloyds.

Thanks in advance!
Hi I’ve applied for an apprenticeship role within a store the personal banking one but it says I’ve been put on hold. I’ve been on hold for almost a month now? Has anyone been in this position and what was the outcome ? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending