The Student Room Group

Foods you love, but are a pain in the ass to eat.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by lechaton-x
Kebabs- how the **** are you supposed to eat them whilst drunk without making a state of yourself?

I tend to rip off some pitta, pick up some meat,salad, chilli sauce with it, and gulp that. Problem is they give too little pitta relative to the amount of meat and salad. I don't think I've ever eaten a kebab like a sandwich. Doner meat and chips (and a fork) is best if you're walking home with it.
Reply 81
Ribs, chicken wings, over filled sandwiches, corn on the cob.I cant bite properly so trying to gnaw meat off a bone is a no no.I usually end up cutting it off and eating it that way.
Reply 82
Biscuits - the ones where you cant fit in your mouth as a whole.

Though still, i like to saviour my biscuits;

Jammy Dodgers - Bite all the way round, eat the jammy bit.
Oreos/Custard Creams - Take 1st layer off, lick inside, eat other layer.

:u:

and all the rest, just get crumbs everywhere. Honestly, if you can eat biscuits without getting crumbs everywhere then you win at life. Though im not talking about 1 biscuit, like a number.

I know its not like 'a pain in the ass' but im a bit of a crumb phobe. so yeah.
Reply 83
And I may be alone in this... but for some reason I totally fail at eating:

Wall's Magnums

It's always within like the first two freaking bites. The chocolate's so thick it splinters into a million bits and starts flaking off all over the place. What ensues is me having to eat almost all the chocolate fragments falling off, leaving me with a plain vanilla blob of ice cream on a stick.

At least I still get that hard little lump of chocolate that always remains at the base on the stick when it's all gone*

*props if you know the bit I'm talking about - the best bit! This also applies to chocolate cornettos, with the little lump of chocolate right at the base of the cone

Bastard egg.
Lychees.
Lobster, any crustacean.

Crackers.

Human.
Subway's foot-long meatball mariana, it is sooo lush, but I looked like an extra from a budget Zombie movie when I'd finished!
Reply 88
CHOC ICE. damn that awful packaging and the vanilla ice cream melting, so speedily all over your hands and making them sticky. and, for the last time, no, i will not get a bowl that i'll have to go and wash up myself thank you!
Hot dogs with ketchup, I end up looking like the Joker.
Reply 90
King prawns.
Pastys/sausage rolls (the crumbs get everywhere), custard slice, spaghetti (especially when you're out for a meal), watermelon (the juice goes everywhere) & burgers/sandwiches/subs when they're over filled (the filling goes everywhere).
I'm sure there are many more, but those are the ones I can think of right now.
Reply 92
Original post by TotoMimo
And I may be alone in this... but for some reason I totally fail at eating:

Wall's Magnums

It's always within like the first two freaking bites. The chocolate's so thick it splinters into a million bits and starts flaking off all over the place. What ensues is me having to eat almost all the chocolate fragments falling off, leaving me with a plain vanilla blob of ice cream on a stick.

At least I still get that hard little lump of chocolate that always remains at the base on the stick when it's all gone*

*props if you know the bit I'm talking about - the best bit! This also applies to chocolate cornettos, with the little lump of chocolate right at the base of the cone

You da man!
Original post by rosee92
Subway when the meatballs fall out the bottom and you wonder what the hell has happened to your lovely sub.

This, so much. I think the trick is to wait for it to cool down slightly, then you can eat it quicker with less ball droppage.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Fusion
I tend to rip off some pitta, pick up some meat,salad, chilli sauce with it, and gulp that. Problem is they give too little pitta relative to the amount of meat and salad. I don't think I've ever eaten a kebab like a sandwich. Doner meat and chips (and a fork) is best if you're walking home with it.

It's what I try to do, and I usually wake up with chilli sauce around my face and a bit of kebab meat in my hair. It's not pretty. But if they were small enough to eat properly then I wouldn't feel satisfied.
Reply 96
Original post by Eveiebaby
Mussels, passion fruit, fresh lychees, fresh mangoes

passion fruit is the one, all you need is a sharp knife and a small spoon :smile:
Reply 97
Lichees / Lychees - Whatever the **** they're called.

The most goddamn tasty fruit EVER!!

But once you peel off the first piece of outer-shell, your entire arms become coated in the juice from it, thus becoming sticky. (Making that sound clean failed).

Then, peeling off the rest of the shell, it becomes stuck to your arms like fly-paper. Bite it, the sticky crap goes EVERYWHERE on your face.
Reply 98
KFC. or just generally stuff with bones itsso unflattering to eat...
SPARE RIBS. Always so messy unless they have a dry end.

Quick Reply

Latest