The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham 2nd year accommodation...?

I'm currently applying for university and really hope to get an offer from Nottingham. The only thing I'm concerned about is the second year. I know you get guaranteed accommodation in the first year, but what happens to second year?

Do students HAVE TO leave the university accommodation and find themselves a private flat or something off campus? Or can they stay at the uni accommodation?

The reason why I don't want to live off campus is not having to travel to uni everyday, but rather the costs: electricity, water, gas, internet, and council tax. This would be a rip off should I have to live off campus :confused:

Any help / suggestions?

Thanks.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
can anybody help me with this?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Well I had an interview/visit day thing there last week, from what they said& what I'd already read I'm pretty sure you would have to move out for the second year unless you're an international student / need special access or something

Looks to be the same for pretty much every uni :dontknow:
Original post by mathanraj
I'm currently applying for university and really hope to get an offer from Nottingham. The only thing I'm concerned about is the second year. I know you get guaranteed accommodation in the first year, but what happens to second year?

Do students HAVE TO leave the university accommodation and find themselves a private flat or something off campus? Or can they stay at the uni accommodation?

The reason why I don't want to live off campus is not having to travel to uni everyday, but rather the costs: electricity, water, gas, internet, and council tax. This would be a rip off should I have to live off campus :confused:

Any help / suggestions?

Thanks.

Students don't pay council tax; internet is like £10 a month for broadband so if you share with 4 other people, it'll come to £2 a month; the price of the bills is normally included in the weekly rent from what I've heard; and you can't be mummied forever, so we might as well start in the second year; also, if you get a house in Lenton or something, isn't it like a ten minute walk?
Reply 4
Do you mean the university of Nottingham?
If so, i used to live where all the students from Nottingham uni lived when i was growing up. They basically all live in Dunkirk and Beeston which is walking distance from the campus.

You have to leave the campus because there won't be enough accommodation for everyone. I wouldn't worry about it too much, you won't have to pay travel costs ... unless you are lazy and don't want to walk :wink:
I replied to this question on another thread! This is what I wrote:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/_Current_Student_Returners.htm
If you are a returner (i.e currently a first year at notts), this is the website. Deadline April 2nd this year. There isnt a guarantee you will get housing, but I personally have never known anyone to get rejected - as far as I am aware it is first come first served and due to the application dates, returners are the ones who come first! I lived on campus 3 years, know quite a few people who have lived there for 3 or 4. Jordan is wrong. But if you are thinking about it just from a cost point of view... living off CAMPUS IS FAR FAR FAR CHEAPER! The only reason to live on campus is for the sheer convenience of it all - being mummied and a 5 minute walk to lectures. Also, its actually more common for bills to not be included in private accommodation... but I dont know if I can state this enough, it still works out far cheaper!
Hi,

I went to the university of Nottingham and I spent 2 years in halls. You can get a place every year in halls if you apply early enough (February or March).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending