The Student Room Group
Taking stuff to interview? I think you only need to take your wits and your knowledge. Why on earth would they want to see a textbook?
Reply 2
Why on earth would they want to see a textbook?

Someone I know went to an interveiw and was asked "what is further maths?" so a textbook may help you to show them some of the topics you've done.
Reply 3
If I was asked that by an interviewer for Maths in a British university I would walk out.... Aside from a pen I really cant see what you could possibly need....
Reply 4
I think it was Physics actually, but they should still know. I'll just take a pen and perhaps a spare.
Reply 5
yeah i really cant see what else you would need.... I could understand say an English interviewer not knowing that Further Maths exists, but I'm staggered that the same could be said for Physics!
Reply 6
I didnt take anything....you dont really need anything...just try not to get drunk until all your interviews are over (one chap didnt realise he had another one on a day and went off to the pub :redface:)
ssmoose
Someone I know went to an interveiw and was asked "what is further maths?" so a textbook may help you to show them some of the topics you've done.
As people have pointed out, you won't be asked that in any maths interview. The interview is about you demonstrating your maths knowledge, it isn't about what vaguely related objects you had the inspiration to bring with you. To be honest, if they asked that then they are demonstrating a lack of knowledge in an area they should be familiar with, and if I were them and a student produced a maths textbook I'd think it was a little weird.

A pen is all you need.

Latest