The Student Room Group

Central School of Speech and Drama - New Students 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ahh Congratulations. That's made me nervous!
My interview was last year - deferred entry, so don't stress! That's why I'm so worried though, because I've not yet received any other formal confirmation... eeek!
Original post by sarah040791
When did you have your interview? Congrats!

Thanks! two weeks ago last year - when was yours? Do you know much about inter collegiate halls? I'm from australia so I'm not exactly familiar with london!!
Reply 23
Original post by nikitalemessurier
Thanks! two weeks ago last year - when was yours? Do you know much about inter collegiate halls? I'm from australia so I'm not exactly familiar with london!!

The Halls of residence for Central are located in an area called "Marble Arch" Its a pretty modern and good place to be although slightly expensive (though im not sure you would notice the difference in price coming from Oz) Its situated right by Oxford Street and such.

All the application material is here
http://cssd.ac.uk/content/london-university-intercollegiate-halls

They aren't hugely close to Central but in London everything is acceptably close to be honest. They are self-catering too, so I dont know how you feel about that. But being an international student you will have priority I am sure
Reply 24
Hey guys! Just want to say I'm 1st year DATE student at central so congrats on everyone who gets in and see you in the new year! any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by carriebo
Hey guys! Just want to say I'm 1st year DATE student at central so congrats on everyone who gets in and see you in the new year! any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Thanks!! Does everyone seem to meet everyone else? or do people tend to stick within their course? I'm so excited to be starting! you must love it, I hope the year's been good so far! x

Thanks, but I don't know much either. I'm waiting to see if I've got in before I start researching all that. They said they'd get back to us 'late next week' which is today really. I haven't had any reply, but I can't say I'm surprised. They take ages sometimes.
Reply 27
Thanks, but I don't know much either. I'm waiting to see if I've got in before I start researching all that. They said they'd get back to us 'late next week' which is today really. I haven't had any reply, but I can't say I'm surprised. They take ages sometimes.

Still in the same boat. But slightly more nervous seeing if someones got an offer for my course already! :P
Original post by Cjhill1992
Still in the same boat. But slightly more nervous seeing if someones got an offer for my course already! :P

Did they have their interview the same day as yours?
Reply 29
Did they have their interview the same day as yours?

No its the australlian dude nikitalemessurier. He has his a year ago for deferred entry :P
No its the australlian dude nikitalemessurier. He has his a year ago for deferred entry :P

I wouldn't worry too much about it then! :smile:

she actually! haha
Reply 32
she actually! haha

Ooh my apologies!!!! :P
Ooh my apologies!!!! :P

don't worry! Good luck with your results, I hope you both hear back really soon!! x
don't worry! Good luck with your results, I hope you both hear back really soon!! x

Thanks!
Reply 35
Any other acting students.....cdt???
Reply 36
By the way... about accomodation I found this handy website... =)

http://cssd.ac.uk/accomodationcentral/content/calendar-looking-accommodation
Reply 37

Thanks!! Does everyone seem to meet everyone else? or do people tend to stick within their course? I'm so excited to be starting! you must love it, I hope the year's been good so far! x

depends what course your on really but if you go to the SU you'll always find someone to hang out with :tongue: the acting students tend to kind of keep to themselves but mainly because they have alot more contact hours than other courses. When I started it did feel a bit cliqueish but mainly because everyone wears such practical cloathing haha, the set construction people are always in jeans and have paint on them, actors are always in blacks and us DATE's look like a bunch of 'down with it' teachers haha

edit: oh and you will meet EVERYONE freshers week is amazing and a brilliant way to meet people rom every course
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Gabzz
Any other acting students.....cdt???

It's really reaally hard to get on the acting course here at cssd, so I doubt you are going to find many other students so early in the year! grats
Reply 39
I've already met two!! =P haha.. ah well... gonna have to wait then! thnx btw =)
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest