The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Touchy subject!!! But..are there any black people at keele university???.......

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by indecoroso
Take your moma to uni along with your super large 10-membered family.

God bless you
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 41
Original post by ren100
God bless you

I stay blessed.
Reply 42
ren100..what you planning to study?
Reply 43
Middle of nowhere and isolated ? Count me in! Also please come to Keele I love cultural diversity ^^
Reply 44
where all the white women at?
Reply 45
Hardly any black people.

And the surrounding town of Stoke on Trent/Fake Newcastle is hilariously racist and backwards so be on your guard when you're moving around, especially at night, it's a known BNP stronghold.
Original post by BuckBoy
Hardly any black people.

And the surrounding town of Stoke on Trent/Fake Newcastle is hilariously racist and backwards so be on your guard when you're moving around, especially at night, it's a known BNP stronghold.

yeah i was going to keele but i missed my offer. my only worry was that stoke has a rather large bnp support
Reply 47
Original post by BuckBoy
Hardly any black people.

To be honest, as a rather white male, this shouldn't affect me too much but could prove quite interesting. Walk around with a poster "Let more blacks into Stoke on Trent" "Black up this town" :colone:
Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi
Apparantly their ACS (african carribean society) has just 10 people lol

At least they have members. At Oxbridge the number of black students is so low the ACS was renamed the TBGS (Token Black Guy Society).
Reply 49
I saw a fair amount of Black people in Keele prospectuses and videos. But I have been told by my parents that in most unis in "racist areas" that the unis only use actors , so you believe there are blacks when there isn't

lol
Reply 50
Original post by Computerised
At least they have members. At Oxbridge the number of black students is so low the ACS was renamed the TBGS (Token Black Guy Society).

lol
Original post by Teaddict
"Black up this town" :colone:

loool. When it comes to settlements ethnic minorities should never complain that they aren't any in a certain area as they always seem to congregate in one area. So I don't know why everyone is negging to OP as if this is some perfect world where nobody cares f they are the only black in the village. Places like Southall and Brixton exemplifies the fact that people of a certain race like to stick together. Not because they hate other races but because they just feel more at home around their own culture.
Original post by Computerised
loool. When it comes to settlements ethnic minorities should never complain that they aren't any in a certain area as they always seem to congregate in one area. So I don't know why everyone is negging to OP as if this is some perfect world where nobody cares f they are the only black in the village. Places like Southall and Brixton exemplifies the fact that people of a certain race like to stick together. Not because they hate other races but because they just feel more at home around their own culture.

well said
Reply 53
i take it there aren't many black people in keele then? it's my second choice. and how's the night life :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by babygirl110
Yes there are black students there. I don't like keele uni though, it's in the middle of no where and very isolated, apparently there is a high suicide rate there. I'm not surprised though.

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't like it, and I only went for the Open Day!!

Everyone seems to rave about it like it's amazing, but I think it's probably the worst uni I've visited! I guess I prefer city uni's though.
hi I having the same problem id rather be around people thanks
Reply 56
Original post by ren100
Hey evry1,

just got into keele really wanna accept!! Only some may call me dumb but i wanna know if there are any or quite a few black/ethnic people there??? And how many??? ( that is to say a few or a fair bit or alot...etc...)

don't get me wrong i love all colours but i just don't want to be stared at or feel out of place if there is no other black students...or not enough should i say....

Hope no one takes offence to my add but could you please let me know!!! I know uni is about yourself and getting the qualifications you want but..hey, i really do not want to feel out of place especially so far outside london.....!!!!

Thanks alot guys!!!

X x

I know a lot of black people from Keele and I'm black

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

Between 15 and 20% of our students are International and Keele Students Union has over 20 groups dedicated to Religion, Belief and Culture. Full list here: http://keelesu.com/activities/clubs-societies/

The most recent statistics we have on student population are​ from the academic year 2012/13:

9,840 (total students)
7,460 (undergraduates)
2,380 (postgraduates)
3,159 (30.9% of total University population are BME)
200 (unsure of whether white, BME or Other)
1,272 (International BME)
1,887 (UK BME)

I hope this helps show that Keele is a mixed, welcoming, inclusive campus community, with over 100 different nationalities choosing to study with us.

Alistair
(Marketing and Communications)

Quick Reply