The Student Room Group

Health and Social unit 9 investigating disease

the coursework, is anyone else doing it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes I am and to be honest it's such a long unit! I've never struggled before as much as I have with this unit!
I'm on part 3 and its due in today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I am and I'm loving it :smile: Maybe it's just because I'm a biology nerd...

Which diseases are you doing?
Reply 3
I've just finished doing my part 4 and I reckon the Cw was just really long I didn't mind the biology aspects to it! I'm looking to get an A* so hopefully I'll get it as my first draft is due in next week, and ive put quite alot of effort into it! I'm doing skin cancer and measles, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ah cool :smile: I'm doing HIV/AIDS and Type II Diabetes. Finished all the HIV stuff and just making a start on diabetes now.
Reply 5
Yes, I'm doing it :smile: It's definitely been the most interesting unit in H&S, I'm doing influenza and stroke.
Reply 6
Have you guys been told to compare every part of the Cw in a table at the end? Like both of the diseases and yes it has been interesting, I've learnt allot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Sohaila14
Have you guys been told to compare every part of the Cw in a table at the end? Like both of the diseases and yes it has been interesting, I've learnt allot

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, we were intially told to do this but apparently a table is not enough detail this time! now im just comparing each disease after every section and in paragraph form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Oh right, we've been told to do it in a table I hope it's going to be enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm doing unit 9 at the moment and I'm a little confused on what to put. Am i just writing information about the two diseases and then comparing them at the end of each paragraph?
Reply 10
That's what we have been told to do aswell, you can try finding some examplers on the edxecel website they might help! I'm correcting my coursework at the moment for final draft

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I did two "separate" essays; one for communicable, one for non-communicable, and then another shorter essay comparing the two :smile:

Waiting for mine to be marked currently... Then it's final submission and then that's it for coursework :biggrin:
Reply 12
I don't know whether to take it out of the table and put it into paragraphs because looking at past courseworks no one has put it into tablets so I don't know whether its a risk! I'm nearly done with correcting mine but I'm treating to go over it and check y grammar it's taking forever! I'm scared that they might mark me down if my grammar is incorrect! I simply need to pay attention to commas and full stops! I looked at my past Cw that got marked in January and my grammar was not that good but I don't think they should bring the mark down if it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I haven't compared my first part of the Cw either because we haven't been told to and it doesn't say it in the mark band either however for section 2 and 3 I compared both diseases

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
This piece of coursework is annoying the hell outta me, maybe because we've already started two other pieces of C/W at the same time. I don't want to complain but we're about 5 weeks in to a2, and it's already a big load, it doesn't help that my sixth form thought it would be clever to start a2 straight after we finished AS. Anyway back to unit 9, I'm doing TB and emphysema. I think it's really interesting but I would like more time than what my sixth form are giving me. I should really get back to my C/W, first draft is due in Friday, I've barely dented it.
Reply 15
Original post by LimaLemur
This piece of coursework is annoying the hell outta me, maybe because we've already started two other pieces of C/W at the same time. I don't want to complain but we're about 5 weeks in to a2, and it's already a big load, it doesn't help that my sixth form thought it would be clever to start a2 straight after we finished AS. Anyway back to unit 9, I'm doing TB and emphysema. I think it's really interesting but I would like more time than what my sixth form are giving me. I should really get back to my C/W, first draft is due in Friday, I've barely dented it.

Woah that's early :redface: But better than the last minute panic which occurred at my college; people were literally in the library until 4:58 when the deadline for final hand-in was 5:00, then the teachers had to mark it and send it off (for 30 A2 and 30 AS students, with about half doing double award...) within a week :redface: It is a very interesting unit though, and not particularly challenging as long as you put in the time and effort
Reply 16
I got 100 on that! 60/60 A* loooool was really happy! I got full marks on all sections, if you guys need any help let me know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
struggling so much with this coursework :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by Kay(:
struggling so much with this coursework :frown:

Anything in particular? I think it's one of those things where it's hard to start, but once you know what you're doing and get into it it's just a case of putting in the time and effort :smile:
Original post by Gnome :)
Anything in particular? I think it's one of those things where it's hard to start, but once you know what you're doing and get into it it's just a case of putting in the time and effort :smile:

Mostly the A02 section and a little bit on A03 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending