The Student Room Group

I want a guy...

One of my best friend has got a new boyfriend and I met them yesterday. They look very sweet and I feel very happy for her. I also envy them, because I wanna have one as well. I haven't been into relationship for ages already and I have never had such a strong feeling that I need to or wanna have a man in my life again (I will at some points but not now), coz I knid of enjoy being on my own as I can do anything at anytime at anywhere, also enjoy being with firends. But recently, I just really really wanna meet a good guy and be in love with him, but I have no idea how and where am I gonna find one, coz I am always very very busy about uni's projects and my own work and projects. I dun really have time to go out over weekends or eve... and the guys at college are fine and I do get on with some of them but dun think I wanna go out with any of them... well have just known them for a but more than a month anyway... can anyone tell me what to do??

Scroll to see replies

lol you sound just like me... unfortunately, in answer to your last question.... I wish there were a checklist.... you know, 'how-to-get-a-man -- follow steps 1 - 5, wait 2-4 days and voila!'

lol.. the biggest problem with me though is that I have huge commitment issues :frown: ... which is odd for a woman to have.. or so I've been told.

blah. :mad: I need more coffee.
Reply 2
hey i feel the same ...i have so much work and so many goals to achieve that i never get time to meet somebody ..and now suddenly i feel i have become completely rusty with my social skills..
so bottom line i am alone and lonely which like you said is fun because you are not answerable to anyone ..but when i come back home tired from work i long for someone with whom i can talk about anything.
just need someone to share my thoughts ..that would be a beginning...

--------------

holy **** ..this is was how to get a man .. i want to get a woman..damn wrong thread
Reply 3
I guess there is nothing you can do about it. The best thing to do is wait wait wait, let it come naturally.
Reply 4
yep desperation really is the biggest turn off on the planet ive been single for a while just let it happen
Reply 5
After my girlfriend (of 2 and a half years) dumped me before uni (for my best mate) i was really messed up about relationships, women, commitment etc and i guess i still am but i would like to meet someone again! Its the missing part of me. The problem is you cant go and look it just has to happen.

I guess we are all stuck playing the waiting game..
I seriously need a girlfreind, its getting ridiculous...

without being harsh on the ladies I meet, they are either complete dogs or completely stunning...

So there is no middle ground, so I cant pull...

Im perfectly happy with some imperfections, like them being a tad overweight etc...but at the moment the choices seem to be girls with 3 eyes and a wonky nose, or stick thin models who wouldent even look at me.
Reply 7
Puiyin
One of my best friend has got a new boyfriend and I met them yesterday. They look very sweet and I feel very happy for her. I also envy them, because I wanna have one as well.

Yes, envy is the key to true love. :rolleyes:

--------------

Rooftopcowboy

without being harsh on the ladies I meet, they are either complete dogs or completely stunning...

Hmm, yes. Because a person's appearance is the only thing that matters in a relationship... :rolleyes:
Rooftopcowboy
I seriously need a girlfreind, its getting ridiculous...

So there is no middle ground, so I cant pull...

Im perfectly happy with some imperfections, like them being a tad overweight etc...but at the moment the choices seem to be girls with 3 eyes and a wonky nose, or stick thin models who wouldent even look at me.

you say "stick thin" in a way not so complimentary, yet you would like them to show greater interest in you...i don't think the label/description "stick thin" is in anyway complimentary, i used to hate being called 'skinny' when i was younger - i've developed now and im of medium build but i was really offended and hurt when i was called skinny, even when people meant no harm which was often the case - unintended harm through this 'skinny' comment...i just don't get it with 'stick thin' models...theres little there to 'play' with, if thats what your after, so hmm i don't see the appeal of stick insects.....each to their own i guess, people can have/employ whatever look they like, but when what they are doing is detrimental to their health, then im not so appreciative of such employment of individuality...ie. not eating to become brutally skinny, if not annorexic, or eating too much food when you know you are clearly eating too much..

i don't think 'stick thin' is a positive description/comment - particularly not so when associating with models, however, i appreciate some people are naturally thin, stick thin..i used to be...but i really hated being called 'skinny' and the alike.

And again, no sooner had i climbed into near positive rep, some little bástard neg reps me...
Reply 9
Puiyin
One of my best friend has got a new boyfriend

and ...
and I met them yesterday.

so? ...
They look very sweet and I feel very happy for her.

And what? ...
I also envy them, because I wanna have one as well.

You are a bad person. Tell me more ...
I haven't been into relationship for ages already and I have never had such a strong feeling that I need to or wanna have a man in my life again

Are you male?
(I will at some points but not now), coz I knid of enjoy being on my own as I can do anything at anytime at anywhere, also enjoy being with firends.

*friends
Quite normal, I agree to that. BUT ...
But recently, I just really really wanna meet a good guy and be in love with him, but I have no idea how and where am I gonna find one, coz I am always very very busy about uni's projects and my own work and projects.

Your busy ... you haven't got time ... become antisocial ... it attracts the men.
I dun really have time to go out over weekends or eve... and the guys at college are fine and I do get on with some of them but dun think I wanna go out with any of them...

Good. Men are hopeless losers.
well have just known them for a but more than a month anyway... can anyone tell me what to do??

Your life, you do what you want to do.

When I meet someone; I decide instantly weather I want a relationship with them or not, be it friend/partner/step-mother/step-father.
Reply 10
your taking the mick right? you ecide there and then where they stand in yuor life?
Reply 11
hehe

Seriously though - dont worry if you dont have a boyfriend :smile:
Reply 12
ahh bless. me too. Lets start a club - all you single boys on TSR who want a girl, let us know and then all problems will be solved!!
Reply 13
There are single girls and guys on here, y not just get together?? Will stop all the repeating threads of the 'Iwant a..' variety!!

If you don't try you don't get!!
Reply 14
SciFi25
There are single girls and guys on here, y not just get together?? Will stop all the repeating threads of the 'Iwant a..' variety!!

If you don't try you don't get!!

I agree ... the clear way to go about it.

I offer to meet up with you 'Puiyin', say at 5 next Monday in London? :cool:
Reply 15
anyone over 6' and 22? Fancy coming to Cambridge? So gorgeous, and the city is too!!
Reply 16
my best mate has a lovely bloke and even cares more about her son then the father does i think that is really lovely when i was round there it was lovley to see,
i don;t like being on my own i usally end up crying becuase i am lonley, my bessie moved away over a year ago so i don;t see her that often, i fell out with everyone else becuase i didn;t have any money and i fell out with my ex i relised he wasn;t teh most important thing in my life,

now i think i am ready for a commitment, not just any guy i can find has to be the right guy!!
i don;t envy my mate i just think it is nice to see her happy finally and that cheers me up but not enough all the guys i been out with aren;t worth anything apart from one!!
it is going to take time but we will all find someone eventually, there is enough people in the world to go around!!
Reply 17
Dekota
I agree ... the clear way to go about it.

I offer to meet up with you 'Puiyin', say at 5 next Monday in London? :cool:
so your not pretending you live in USA and Ellie4 is your gf anymore :rolleyes:
Reply 18
segat1
anyone over 6' and 22? Fancy coming to Cambridge? So gorgeous, and the city is too!!

Being so picky might be part of the problem!!! :biggrin:
Reply 19
SciFi25
Being so picky might be part of the problem!!! :biggrin:

lol well, I'm 6' tall and 25. 22 is as young as I go and I am not bending down to kiss someone!

Latest

Trending

Trending