The Student Room Group

Edexcel linear maths GCSE

Im sitting the linear maths exam this year and I am beginning to look at past papers. What is the average % or mark on each paper to get each grade? I have tried looking on their website but with not a lot of luck
Thanks
Reply 1
Reply 2
I would say about 90% A* but I think in the real thing it's much lower. If you aim for 90% though you'll be fine by the time the real exam comes :smile: I was crap at Maths and I did the same board as you - still got an A*. The old past papers are really, really difficult and you can really tell the difference in the more recent ones - they have gotten way easier. If you practise on the old papers and then the few days before concentrate on the newer ones, you should be fine :smile: Good luck!
foundation aim for about 80% - 20 marks you can get away on each paper. I am sitting the same paper this year, but maths is all I am studying. For me the past papers have helped a lot, and also looking at last year's answers on this forum! Some of what was in last year's exam such as pythagorous theorm, I have not seen in any practice papers. plus the answers look easier than the practice paper. they are not going to stick all the hard things in one paper. just learn everything, or look at everything at least once. its ok, we have 3 months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending