The Student Room Group

Learning German language: The German Learners' Society (MKII)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3700
Original post by .snowflake.
O_o. Mein gott. Ich würde ganz stolz auf 31 sein!

Meine beste ist 33, ein Tag (bald) werde ich 35 bekommen. Bin ganz sicher. :colone:
Original post by Etoile
Meine beste ist 33, ein Tag (bald) werde ich 35 bekommen. Bin ganz sicher. :colone:

meine Beste 26/36 16 für Inhalt.
Reply 3702
meine Beste 26/36 16 für Inhalt.

Wahrscheinlich muss ich meinen Inhalt verbessern. Is 16 the top band?
Original post by Etoile
Wahrscheinlich muss ich meinen Inhalt verbessern. Is 16 the top band?

yup. just. How I managed it I don't know. Wrote the essay on a wed. afternoon, in one of the liveliest rooms in the 6th form building. The two girls next to me were having a belching competition. I was in hysterics because one of the girls has a twin sister. Said twin was sat opposite me, pulling a face something along the lines of 'Ohmygod. I'm actually related to THAT.'

I think I got really annoyed by one of the points given in the rubric so essentially ripped it to shreads along the lines of, by that logic, I should be self harming, violent and suicidal, if we go by the contents of my iPod! Went on to describe one of these songs, being influenced by the poem ' the lady of Shalott'
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3704
yup. just. How I managed it I don't know. Wrote the essay on a wed. afternoon, in one of the liveliest rooms in the 6th form building. The two girls next to me were having a belching competition. I was in hysterics because one of the girls has a twin sister. Said twin was sat opposite me, pulling a face something along the lines of 'Ohmygod. I'm actually related to THAT.'

:rofl:
Geschmackvoll :lol: Maybe you work better with distractions.
Original post by Etoile
Geschmackvoll :lol: Maybe you work better with distractions.

depends. I've been there when two lads in our room have both been listening to music on their laptops, with earphones in, but their musics been so loud, i can here bits of it. Whilst trying to do a translation =/= good. Nearly hit both of them with the hardback dictionary we've borrowed.
Reply 3706
depends. I've been there when two lads in our room have both been listening to music on their laptops, with earphones in, but their musics been so loud, i can here bits of it. Whilst trying to do a translation =/= good. Nearly hit both of them with the hardback dictionary we've borrowed.

Now there would be a sight!
Diese Seite hat mich daran erinnert, wie eingerostet mein Deutsch während der Osterferien geworden ist :sad:

Es ist wirklich schade darum, dass ich meine mündliche Prüfung am 1en. Mai habe :frown:

Ich hoffe, dass ihr euere Osterwochenenden gefeiert habt und viele Ostereier gefressen (:ahee:) habt!

EDIT: im Übrigen über welches Prüfungsfirma (exam board? - ich kenne das Wort nicht) sprecht ihr? Edexcel?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Etoile
Now there would be a sight!

but it'd hurt the dictionary! I'd **** them with a bio textbook.
Original post by Etoile

What was the mark breakdown for that one. I thought you couldnt get a band higher for accuracy et al than you got for content...
Reply 3710
What was the mark breakdown for that one. I thought you couldnt get a band higher for accuracy et al than you got for content...

18, 5, 5, 5.

but it'd hurt the dictionary! I'd **** them with a bio textbook.

My French teacher has that attitude with the dictionaries. He literally stalks around making sure they aren't being mistreated.
Original post by Etoile
18, 5, 5, 5.

My French teacher has that attitude with the dictionaries. He literally stalks around making sure they aren't being mistreated.

Girly swat. HOW??
Reply 3712
Girly swat. HOW??

It was Mode. I think I went off into a rant about how the media doesn't cause eating disorders. :tongue: I used loads of fancy structures though apparently.
Original post by Etoile
It was Mode. I think I went off into a rant about how the media doesn't cause eating disorders. :tongue: I used loads of fancy structures though apparently.

I swear to god if I get asked the question in my booklet from last year about eating disorders/ a variation on it, I'm either going to hit it with sarcasm, or probably burst into tears half way through my answer.
Original post by Vikitora
Das kann sehr gut sein. Fuer jeden das persoenliche Glueck!

Ich komme aus Deutschland, habe aber die Haelfte meiner Freunde in England und werde wohl auch Schwierigkeiten haben, mich nach der Uni fuer ein Land zu entscheiden.. Von der universitaeren Bildung her ist es einfach so, dass ich fuer meinen Fachbereich hier in Deutschland mehr lerne, weshalb ich mich gegen die Moeglichkeit, in Schottland zu studieren, entschied.
Meine Familie ist hier (in Deutschland).

In welchem Bereich moechtest du arbeiten?

Bei mir ist es andersrum! :biggrin: Ich komme aus England, hab aber die Haelfte meiner Freunde in Deutschland. Wollte nach der Uni nach Deutschland umziehen aber was Anderes ist passiert.
the word 'vermuten' is that 'to guess something' or 'to suspect someone did something'?
Reply 3716
I swear to god if I get asked the question in my booklet from last year about eating disorders/ a variation on it, I'm either going to hit it with sarcasm, or probably burst into tears half way through my answer.

Me too. I was writing an answer yesterday about whether is is important to have a knackigen Po/toller Koerper and I burst into tears just doing that :colondollar: That or just come out with the actual truth and hope they give me a good grade out of pity and/or being inspired by my sob story :wink:

Original post by chickenonsteroids
the word 'vermuten' is that 'to guess something' or 'to suspect someone did something'?

I usually think of it as "to suppose".
Original post by Etoile
Me too. I was writing an answer yesterday about whether is is important to have a knackigen Po/toller Koerper and I burst into tears just doing that :colondollar: That or just come out with the actual truth and hope they give me a good grade out of pity and/or being inspired by my sob story :wink:

I usually think of it as "to suppose".

aww bless you. Don't actually burst into tears in the exam. The invigilators will get narked if thats in the reading, and in the spoken, your teacher can't stop the tape unless theirs a fire alarm/ you're genuinely so hysterical he/she can't calm you down.
Reply 3718
aww bless you. Don't actually burst into tears in the exam. The invigilators will get narked if thats in the reading, and in the spoken, your teacher can't stop the tape unless theirs a fire alarm/ you're genuinely so hysterical he/she can't calm you down.

Hopefully it's out of my system now. I think I was just angry about how I would answer it if I was being completely honest. For me being thin is the most important thing, more important than being alive, so I've been starving myself for the past six months to a year? I wonder how well that would go down. I've been kind of on edge because more eating means I can't sleep, even though I'm really tired and my brain needs the rest. :unimpressed:
Original post by hannah_dru
In welchem Bereich moechtest du arbeiten?

Bei mir ist es andersrum! :biggrin: Ich komme aus England, hab aber die Haelfte meiner Freunde in Deutschland. Wollte nach der Uni nach Deutschland umziehen aber was Anderes ist passiert.

Ach das ist ja spannend! Was ist denn passiert?

Also ich wuerde am liebsten fuer die Bereiche Mittelalter und Renaissance Studien oder Wissenschaftsgeschichte in die Forschung gehen oder Kritikerin werden. Festgebissen habe ich mich nicht, da ich mich vor einem Tunnelblick bewahren moechte.
Aber erstmal studiere ich Geschichte, Germanistik und Philosophie in Goettingen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending