Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"My Dinner doesn't look anything LIKE that!" Thread - Ad Pics vs Reality!

Announcements Posted on
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Now, this really is the fault of Taco Bell for making things not look like it's even food any more, and more like a photoshopped-to-hell piece of pop-art.

But Taco Bell's "Taco Pizza" comprises of two circular nacho "bases" sandwiching chilli beef and sauce, then topped with tomatoes and three cheeses to make a "pizza".

I'm sure you'd agree that this looks like the least real, immaculate foodie promo pic ever!

Now, even so... I would regard the reality as pretty poor show indeed...

Did you compose this Taco Pizza with some kind of Jackhammer/Oar/Rhino combination?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    im even sure if the promo pic looks appealling tbh... although the description sounds mouthwatering!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Now, this really is the fault of Taco Bell for making things not look like it's even food any more, and more like a photoshopped-to-hell piece of pop-art.

But Taco Bell's "Taco Pizza" comprises of two circular nacho "bases" sandwiching chilli beef and sauce, then topped with tomatoes and three cheeses to make a "pizza".

I'm sure you'd agree that this looks like the least real, immaculate foodie promo pic ever!

Now, even so... I would regard the reality as pretty poor show indeed...

Did you compose this Taco Pizza with some kind of Jackhammer/Oar/Rhino combination?
    I'm pretty sure that promo pic cannot physically be replicated without some form of glue to be honest. I think the employee tried, got pissed off and threw it in the box. It looks like its missing half the ingredients too- bad aim.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nigel-Slaters-spaghetti-a-006.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	136577

Orphans never make a good Pasta Puttanesca.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Count Olaf)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nigel-Slaters-spaghetti-a-006.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	136577

Orphans never make a good Pasta Puttanesca.
    Roast beef ? yes its the swedish term for beef which is Roasted.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Another one from Taco Bell; Their new Doritos Locos Taco. This one, I don't even CARE that it's nothing like the picture.

A ground beef spicy taco with all the fittings and fixtures, but the taco shell is in fact a MASSEEF OFFICIAL DORITO. Nice.

But what you get is fairly similar but... MEAT ANYONE? MEAT? HELLOOOhoOoOo?

Is that it lurking there in that little cave like a hidden moray eel?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had to smile when I stumbled across this excited poster who was lucky enough to be in a Canadian McDonalds (where they serve the McLobster).

Looks like a really old-fashioned menu pic, doesn't it? Still, looks pristine in presentation.

And she was given this:

Er... yeah.

But the thing is, I would STILL give it a go. I would tear that bad boy APART.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had to smile when I stumbled across this excited poster who was lucky enough to be in a Canadian McDonalds (where they serve the McLobster).

Looks like a really old-fashioned menu pic, doesn't it? Still, looks pristine in presentation.

And she was given this:

Er... yeah.

But the thing is, I would STILL give it a go. I would tear that bad boy APART.
    That top picture looked yummy, I've never tried lobster and that made me really want to give it a go. The bottom picture. Just meh.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

I think someone just vomited lobster on the roll and gave it to her wouldnt eat it myself
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I challenge most people to make porridge/ready brek like they show in the adverts.

C'EST IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^ "You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!"

SO true.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    This thread is epic, I have been laughing at that T-rex burger picture for ages :rofl:

Some people on this thread really need to get a life and lighten up tbh :-/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 21, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.