The Student Room Group

"My Dinner doesn't look anything LIKE that!" Thread - Ad Pics vs Reality!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kagutsuchi
Probably tastes amazing though right?

Of course, just never ask me to serve up in a restuarant.
Original post by joanna-eve
This make it easier? :L

This thread was making me smile, until I saw that picture. Then I actually cried laughing so much. Nice one. xD
Original post by TotoMimo
It's just a wee one - but it's by the superbowl XS Namco centre thingy! GO GET ONE FIRST THING TOMORROW.

I feel like I'm about to pass out with excitement! I work in the red mall. What exactly does it sell? I have never seen it! Isn't there only subway, KFC and McDonalds and greggs near the namco thing?
Original post by clo-clo1
Of course, just never ask me to serve up in a restuarant.

Taste > Appearance. :yep: You're doing good.
Original post by Cobrabite11
I feel like I'm about to pass out with excitement! I work in the red mall. What exactly does it sell? I have never seen it! Isn't there only subway, KFC and McDonalds and greggs near the namco thing?

I've never seen a wimpy in the metrocentre either and the wimpy website doesn't mention one there. I hope there is one I used to love wimpy when I was little!
Reply 125

NANDO'S CHICKEN

Nando's advertise that your Peri Peri chicken meal will arrive with this kind of grandeur:

but arrives as so:

The last picture still looks awesome, but I find Nando's underwhelming in general.
Overall though, not a bad effort getting it to look similar!

Generally Nando's food look pretty damn good, i never complain
Reply 126
TBH, I follow the axiom that if a menu has a picture than the food will be crap. And generally the axiom is correct.
Not mine, but someone posted about "Jack in the Box's Chilli Cheese Fries with Chorizo". On the promo ads, they're bursting from the box with masses of chilli, sausage and cheese, almost like a meaty, cheesy starch explosion.

This is what she got.

Hardly the same visual feast, I'm sure you'll agree...

Woahhh That looks like something my housemates rustle up drunk...
That actually makes some bizarre logic right there.

Another food example which I have shamelessly google-stolen (these ain't ma picz, yo):

NANDO'S CHICKEN

Nando's advertise that your Peri Peri chicken meal will arrive with this kind of grandeur:

but arrives as so:

The last picture still looks awesome, but I find Nando's underwhelming in general.

Oh hell to the no, you did not just say Nandos is underwhelming!

My Nandos always comes looking like the first pic (actually I can do you one better, it arrives at the correct angle).
Though my one complaint is, their portion sizes have gotten smaller when it comes to the rice and chips D:
That actually makes some bizarre logic right there.

Another food example which I have shamelessly google-stolen (these ain't ma picz, yo):

NANDO'S CHICKEN

but arrives as so:

I must be lucky! Nandos in Exeter arrives in all the splendour of the first pic :-D
I once got a Zinger Tower burger from KFC at the drive thru. I drove home hardly able to contain my excitement but when I got home and opened the box, the burger was halfmade and had no bun on top of it :angry:
Original post by Hot Sauce
I once got a Zinger Tower burger from KFC at the drive thru. I drove home hardly able to contain my excitement but when I got home and opened the box, the burger was halfmade and had no bun on top of it :angry:

I'm more amazed you were that excited over a zinger tower burger....

But all the same. :console:
Original post by Kagutsuchi
I'm more amazed you were that excited over a zinger tower burger....

But all the same. :console:

I'm amazed you can't empathise with my excitement! But thank you for the sympathy :tongue:

I took it back and got a new one anyway!
I love your threads. :rofl:

Arby's beef and cheddar made me laugh.
Awesome article you posted!

Waitrose Sausage and Chorizo Jambalaya
:

Looks amazing. Just incredible. Full, chunky sausages, rich, deep, dark tomatoes allllmost crispy chorizo...

But the reality? Erm... like one and a bit sausage... I THINK there's ingredients in here somewhere. But I can't tell, because the rice has formed a singular entity of stodge. Anyone want a slice of Jambalaya?

LOLOLOL!!! Surely that's not the same meal ahah, that's ridiculous. The real one has like half a spring onion thrown in there ahah.
Reply 136
Original post by Cobrabite11

Haven't been back to the metrocentre in a while, but man, get some Wimpy's down you and you're in for a treat!

Wimpy's is KING.
Reply 137
fab thread OP :smile:
Reply 138
Original post by Mavefr
TBH, I follow the axiom that if a menu has a picture than the food will be crap. And generally the axiom is correct.

This is lieeees! There is a small Japanese restaurant in Brighton that has a picture menu and their food is literally AMAZING.
http://www.pompoko.co.uk/ <3
This thread is awesome. So hungry now though... REALLY craving Wimpy!

Quick Reply

Latest