The Student Room Group

Mistake on Personal Statement.

I made a huge mistake on my personal statement.

I was just going to apply to one University for the one course so in the beginning of my P.S i put 'applying for Wildlife Conservation...' (I'm an idiot, i know!)

At the last minute as my application was about to be sent in, i was convinced to apply to more than just the one. Luckily.

I was going to take the bit out about the course but in the rush of things i didn't. When i was choosing universities and courses i hadn't started my second year at college yet. Now i have, I've started the module Animal Behaviour. It's my favourite subject and i would love to progress further in that so now i have applied to Animal Behaviour. Also applied to another for Zoo Management.

Should i contact the University I've applied to study Behaviour and Zoo Management and inform them of my mistake? Or should i just hope for the best?
Reply 1
I'm applying for American Studies and I spelt 'Barack Obama' wrong.. it hasn't hurt so far!
Reply 2
What are you going to tell them? They can see you did it wrong so just saying that won't help. You also don't have a good reason for doing it. So telling them would just highlight the mistake. Leave it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending