The Student Room Group

Finished 3 year ACA with PwC Audit Dept - ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Hi
Which office in London did you work for, and what type of clients did you audit?
Original post by Smile0127
If exam qualified, I thought there will be some salary increase, at least some accouting firms do that before the three years training contract is over and ACA qualified.

Not necessarily. Though this can vary from firm to firm, one of the Big Four does it so that everyone across the firm is promoted at the same date (which is when the salary rise kicks in) and the uplifted salary is paid out a month later including a month of backdated salary. So in fact you get your higher salary later than when you exam qualify.
Hi.

If there is 1 purchase order and 1 line for services provided, can i put 2 invoices together as 1? The system i use cant part pay.
Im being told that this has been done for years, and as im new to the Company, i should just do it.
Im from a financial background, and im 99% certain that i cant do this. If im correct, id need official proof as id be changing the company process!!
Please help!!
Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi Chris,

Just sent you a private message!

Cheers

Matt
Reply 264
I'm starting my PwC assurance internship this summer at one of the regional offices. Providing that I mention my preferences during the internship, is it possible to be offered a grad position at a different office? Preferably I would like to work in North America, how likely is this?
What is the key skills that you feel you'll need in auditing in the current business climate, and how you've demonstrated and built these e.g. through your academic or work experience?
Reply 266
Original post by Yolanda Hao
What is the key skills that you feel you'll need in auditing in the current business climate, and how you've demonstrated and built these e.g. through your academic or work experience?

Leadership, teamwork, communication, interpersonal skills, commercial awareness etc

Tou build it up through volunteering , jobs or doing courses in uni like cws and extra cirriculum activities!
How did yourself and other graduates in your intake, find the exams at the knowledge stage when seeing it for the first time.
Reply 268
our first exam is in 3/4 weeks time. I did Accounting at Uni, so I have 6 exemptions and I am only doing the mocks for accounting and tax!
Reply 269
Hello,

I'm will try to keep it short.

So I come from Portugal and I did a university degree in Management which prepare us for a equivalent of the ACA qualification, but the situation in Portugal is really bad for finance, so bad that a professional accountant ( not chartered ) gains less salary than a waiter. It's really crazy and upset for me, so I came to London to be a part of this prestige accountant qualification. I have already started has an independent student because I had no response from training agreements within a few months of applications.

Is there any advice for me that you can give it for free?

I really want to be prepare and all of this is very new for me. Accountancy is my field and I have worked as an accountant before so I know this is very good career decision.

Many thanks to you and the posts I found it here.

Regards,

Fabio Martins

Original post by chris_harvey
Hi all,

I started training for my 3 year ACA in Oct 2007 with PwC London in their Audit Dept and managed to qualify in Oct 2010.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me :smile:

Why I am doing this? I guess I might as well put my 3 years to some use! hehe (currently self employed and not using my ACA atm)

Chris
Hey Chris and Sam,
I've just been asked for a telephone interview for auditing and assurnce in one of these offices but not sure what to base my decision on. Please help, thank you :smile:

NewcastleSouthamptonSheffieldBelfastNottinghamLeicesterYorkDurhamAberdeenSwanseaHullLeeds
Hi all,

I started training for my 3 year ACA in Oct 2007 with PwC London in their Audit Dept and managed to qualify in Oct 2010.

Why I am doing this? I guess I might as well put my 3 years to some use! hehe (currently self employed and not using my ACA atm)

Chris

Hello Chris,

Congrats !!! on completing the certification with a renowned firm!!... I am an undergrad and looking for intern ships. could you please recommend any practice websites or books that would come to an aid when giving physcometric tests also tips about the interview process.

Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 272
Hallo Chris and team!

I am Anne and would like to ask a quick audit question please based on some financials I have seen?

1) On the SoFP, does share capital represent issued and fully paid up shares or are non-issued also meant to be reflected in financials?

2) Can revenue reserves be 'converted' to share capital?

3) If a non-listed company first raises shares say $10M at $1 dollar, then additional $28 and $5 (ie additional 5.6M shares) how will that be reflected on the SoFP?

I'd appreciate your insight?

Thanks.
Hello.

I want to ask whether should I finish the ACCA before I go working in PwC.

I just graduated from one of a British University, and I am heading to my Master course in Manchester Business School for 2016/17.

I have 7 exemptions of papers in ACCA from my bachelor Degree, should I finish the rest? I know that in PwC, I will be required to study for ACA qualification, some of my friends said there is no point to get both of ACA and ACCA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Chris, I am an Indian Chartered Accountant and I have one year of experience in KPMG India and currently working with EY.
I am thinking for Pursue ACA (ICAEW).
is this course will increase my knowledge and earning potentials and what is the Job opportunities in LONDON?
Can you please tell me the average pay in Big 4 after becoming the member of ICAEW?

Thanks in Advance.

CA Piyush Jhanwar
India
In
How much do you earn not to be rude
Hi all,

Chris

Was you at uni while studying for the ACA exam?

Also, how can I link accounting and finance to real life financial situations such as Brexit?
Thanks
It'll probably have more of a bearing on audit than tax, barring perhaps VAT.
Original post by r_mar
I'm starting my PwC assurance internship this summer at one of the regional offices. Providing that I mention my preferences during the internship, is it possible to be offered a grad position at a different office? Preferably I would like to work in North America, how likely is this?

I believe offices is possible but depends on demand and if the interns in that office are staying on. However, I don't know about changing country. "Big Four" USA or "Big Four" CA are quite different from "Big Four" UK and kind of "seperate" entities in themselves. I also guess they have a different recruitment process, so that may cause some difficulties.
Reply 279
I moving to the banking office in London this January for my first placement.(Flying start degree student).
What should I expect? and at the of the date was all the three years you have spent there worth it?

Quick Reply