Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by StefanieLouise

Both Cambridge Court and Opal Court are, to my knowledge, full. I was put on a 'waiting list' for Opal and when I emailed them they told me the rooms were full, so I just booked a room at Grand Central instead. You may get a place through the waiting list but I would hurry if I were you, now results are out places will fill up quick.

Capital gate it is then :biggrin: thanks for the info
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 341
Both Cambridge Court and Opal Court are, to my knowledge, full. I was put on a 'waiting list' for Opal and when I emailed them they told me the rooms were full, so I just booked a room at Grand Central instead. You may get a place through the waiting list but I would hurry if I were you, now results are out places will fill up quick.

Ended up with The Railyard. Ground floor and further away then liked oh well. I would of booked weeks ago if i knew all my places would be full.

Original post by tia.may
Capital gate it is then :biggrin: thanks for the info

I tried capital gate and I think it's full too.
Reply 342
Original post by RickyC

I tried capital gate and I think it's full too.
Theres a few left :biggrin:
Reply 343
ive applied for accomodation during april, but i was still a conditional firm then. now, im an unconditional but on their website it says that all the ensuite and self catered are fully booked. Does that mean that this info is for clearing people? or do people that have applied beforehand have to ask the accomodation people again? v. confused. ive checked their liverpool accomodation system and it gives me no clues to whether my application has been processed or not- so i dont know whether i have to do what it says on their website, as i might not get a place that i want. sorry if this is hard to understand- but i cant word it well. thanks.
This happened to me aswell the other day, but i rang the accommodation helpline and they said that we have to wait until people start declining their offers before we hear from them ....its so annoying becasue i need to book flights etc what uni in liverpool are u going to??
Reply 345
Original post by AdamSneddon
This happened to me aswell the other day, but i rang the accommodation helpline and they said that we have to wait until people start declining their offers before we hear from them ....its so annoying becasue i need to book flights etc what uni in liverpool are u going to??

Haha yeah its so annoying, but i'll probably be getting a lift there (4 hours :eek:)- im going to the main University of Liv... i thought Liverpool accomodation people should prioritise thoes who have already gotten in to the uni and not the clearing people? sounds harsh but i wanna live in a decent place too! bit worried...
Reply 346
Hey, does anyone know which catered hall is best out of Rankin, Morton or McNair?
Original post by DMed
Mulberry is one of the more desirable halls, a few of my mates lived in there and loved it. The hospital and medical school are fairly close, in fact the halls are the nearest to the medical facilities.

Liverpool is a great city, it's got everything you'd want, in fact I liked it so much Im still living nearby. It's got one of the best nightlifes in the North West.

I'm really sorry, I've got into Liverpool through clearing and know NOTHING about the accommodation, and although the website gives the general facts doesn't say about noise etc.

There's only catered halls left, I fancy a loud one with mixed gender
Again I have no idea if the off campus halls are far away or make any difference to this.. I'm an English student so it's not essential for me to be close.

Can anyone help? arghhh
Reply 348
Original post by georgia246
I'm really sorry, I've got into Liverpool through clearing and know NOTHING about the accommodation, and although the website gives the general facts doesn't say about noise etc.

There's only catered halls left, I fancy a loud one with mixed gender
Again I have no idea if the off campus halls are far away or make any difference to this.. I'm an English student so it's not essential for me to be close.

Can anyone help? arghhh

I'd suggest something on Greenbank (Derby and Rathbone or Rosco and Gladstone), they've got a nice atmosphere, and all halls are mixed (or at least they were when I was there). In terms of loud, that depends on the people you share with, so there's no specific hall I'd recommend for that.

The halls are a 20 minute bus ride the Abercrombie Square (right round the corner from the English department).

Hope that helps, you'll love Liverpool :smile:
Reply 349
What the heck is going on with the accommodation?! Tried ringing up but was on the phone for 9 minutes and no one had answered by then so gave up!
Hey, Liverpool was my insurance and I'm going there next year, I got my place confirmed yesterday afternoon. I applied for accommodation months ago, is there anything I need to do or do I just have to wait and hope to get a place somewhere?
I was on hold for 15 minutes! Are the people saying they've booked rooms done it by themselves? As the uni hasn't replied to me about wanting private accommodation. I don't know whether to book it myself or wait for the uni? I just don't want to end up in a horrible place miles away from anything :/
Reply 352
Im going to be at greenbank and ill be out regularly. Cant be boring and stay in, thats no fun!
It's a very busy time for the uni at the moment and they do take a couple of days to get all the accomodation offers out, if you haven't received anything by Wednesday next week then get in touch with the uni to try and sort it out. In the mean time, keep checking Spider to see if you've got an accomodation offer.

If you're not happy with your accomodation offer and you do want to stay in the uni halls then accept the offer anyway and ring up each morning and 9am and try to change to somewhere that you want. I did this last year, but you need to ring bang on 9am as the spare places go VERY quickly.

Hope this helps everyone
Reply 354
I've had an unconditional for over a week before a-level results and still haven't heard back from them. Gave up waiting :/
Original post by RickyC
I've had an unconditional for over a week before a-level results and still haven't heard back from them. Gave up waiting :/

Really? When they gave me my unconditional offer and I applied for accommodation, they offered me a room within a week. :s-smilie: Guess it's just the rush of results day then, I did apply about a month ago. Have you looked at some of the private halls available?
Reply 356
Hey everyone,

I will be studying Geography at Liverpool from September. I need to find 3 others to rent a house with. The rent is 72 per week including all bills, nicely furnished and modern and only a 10 minute walk to the university. If anyone is interested you can email me at [email protected].

Cheers,

Arran
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 357
Really? When they gave me my unconditional offer and I applied for accommodation, they offered me a room within a week. :s-smilie: Guess it's just the rush of results day then, I did apply about a month ago. Have you looked at some of the private halls available?

I applied for accommodation months ago, but my application only became active tues before last. Didn't want to go private because of the cost but when I got the email yesterday saying everywhere was full I just did a quick look of the private ones left. Now should be in The Railyard if they get my form by the 25th :biggrin: Anything to avoid catered + 20min bus rides.
Reply 358
People are saying they are living in accommodation such as Opal Court and Grand Central, but these are not mentioned on the UoL accommodation website so how do we find out about them and book them? I am still waiting to hear from the uni about accommodation but would rather live somewhere like that if it can be booked now. Also, how do we ensure we will be living with UoL students in places such as Opal Court etc as I thought they were for LJMU students?
Original post by Tommo18
People are saying they are living in accommodation such as Opal Court and Grand Central, but these are not mentioned on the UoL accommodation website so how do we find out about them and book them? I am still waiting to hear from the uni about accommodation but would rather live somewhere like that if it can be booked now. Also, how do we ensure we will be living with UoL students in places such as Opal Court etc as I thought they were for LJMU students?

Just google "Opal Court Liverpool" or "Grand Central Liverpool" etc. Opal Court is full though I believe, you'd just go straight onto a waiting list, and I think Grand Central may have a few spaces left but I haven't checked. You'd just booked them straight through the website, they're not mentioned on the accommodation website as obviously they're private halls. And there's no way to ensure you'll be living with UoL students when booking through Unite, you just have to hope for the best, but from what I've seen so far it does seem that it's likely I'll be sharing with JMU students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending