Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
It's working- I applied at about 16:10
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
This is extremely irritating!!! My friend got on and was able to do hers! I have been trying for hours!!
Reply 442
When did your friend get on it?
Reply 443
mine isnt wokring :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
she is currently doing it. I guess we just have to keep trying. where are you guys applying?
Reply 445
Vine Court self catered, Vine court catered, D & R catered, you?
Original post by tara_gilmore
Which is better Greenbank or Carnatic?? Im so stuck! What are the chances of getting en-suite?
Both around the same tbh. Problem with them is that they're far away from university and the city centre. Oh, and there isn't a catered hall in the country that is worth what you pay for it.

Everybody worries about en-suites but it really is something you get used to. They're generally kept clean and nobody is going to see you naked. If anybody is thinking of UNITE then my advice is don't. They're very expensive for what they are and you can get so much more by looking around.
Derby & Rathbone Catered en-suite, Lady Mountford and Roscoe & Gladstone. However they really are grotty! On the open day some people thought it was good to be away from the city centre but now im doubting myself. Worried about the whole going out / having to get a taxi situation
Reply 448
I'm thinking of choosing Liberty Living, Prospect Point and Melville Court.. I'd be in my first year :smile: This similar to anyone else?
Reply 449
ahhh i got the email at 10 this morning.. had to leave for work at half 10!!! I had to leave all my three choices and stuff written down for my mum to put on!! eugh. such a horrible experience.. I had to ring her up on my lunch break... Turns out the website spazzed out on her and even though she checked it a million times before submitting.. it said my 1st choice was catered though she was sure she put down self-catered. NIGHTMARE. she said she had to ring up the accomm office to try and sort it.. the woman said it's fine and theyre just waiting till the website stops playing up to change it :')) but now its gna have to wait till tmrw cos theres noone in the office.

does anyone know when unconditional offer holders will get room offers? x
Reply 450
Original post by maVie
I'm thinking of choosing Liberty Living, Prospect Point and Melville Court.. I'd be in my first year :smile: This similar to anyone else?

I've applied for Prospect point as first choice then vine court!
Has anyone else still not managed to apply or is it just me?
Reply 452
Just sent! 1st choice: D&R SC, 2nd: Dale SC, 3rd: Mulberry SC
Got confused about the "Early/late get in bed" and stuff... :biggrin:
Reply 453
Original post by Wadewade

its to put you with people who are the same as you. the idea being you dont want to be with someone who has their music on late if u normally get to be at 8.

what did u put?

just wondering why you put 3 different places as you choices, cant you put all carnatic, or 2 green bank 1 carnatic, if thats where you want to go?
Reply 454

I had to stop and think of my sleeping schedule for a while at this part hahaha, my sleeping pattern changes all the time!
Original post by tara_gilmore
Derby & Rathbone Catered en-suite, Lady Mountford and Roscoe & Gladstone. However they really are grotty! On the open day some people thought it was good to be away from the city centre but now im doubting myself. Worried about the whole going out / having to get a taxi situation

don't worry about being too far from town. the social life is much better in the off campus halls. they have more halls parties cos they are further from the clubs so there are more opportunities to meet new people. don't worry about being far from town for nights out. people usually share taxis and split fares. and all my friends who live in off campus halls go out just as much as the on campus students. :biggrin:
Original post by DMed
Marybone gives priority to John Moores University students, so you'd be lucky to get in there as a University of Liverpool student.

Unite (not United) is very expensive and a lot of the halls aren't in a particularly nice location, but they are en-suite and not too far from the University.

Prospect point has very few rooms for Uni of Liverpool students, as some of the rooms are assigned to staff at the hospital.

Have you tried the University halls up at Greenbank/Carnatic, as there are some en-suite rooms there, in addition some of the halls on the university campus have one bathroom to two rooms, so practically en suite

Thank you so much! I was accepted to Marybone 2, but now I'm trying to go through the process of figuring out the guarantor issue. :smile: I always need a plan B and C, so I'll definitely go for Greenbank/Carnatic if anything changes in the end.
Reply 457
Original post by sconter
its to put you with people who are the same as you. the idea being you dont want to be with someone who has their music on late if u normally get to be at 8.

what did u put?

just wondering why you put 3 different places as you choices, cant you put all carnatic, or 2 green bank 1 carnatic, if thats where you want to go?

Nah, my choices were based on the fact that I want self-catered... Not so much about location.

I put myself as "Early Riser & Early to Bed" though I was considering options. I'm sure I'm an early riser, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to be placed with people who go to sleep TOO early... very complicated from my perspective... At the end I was just like "ah whatever! If I want to stay up later someday then I can go to someone else's place. :smile:"
Reply 458
Nah, my choices were based on the fact that I want self-catered... Not so much about location.

I put myself as "Early Riser & Early to Bed" though I was considering options. I'm sure I'm an early riser, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to be placed with people who go to sleep TOO early... very complicated from my perspective... At the end I was just like "ah whatever! If I want to stay up later someday then I can go to someone else's place. :smile:"

I also put 'early riser and early to bed'.. well rather my mum did as she was the one who did my application as i had work :') Rly hope i'm not put with people who go to bed at like 9pm too ahaha
Original post by zoeclarex
I also put 'early riser and early to bed'.. well rather my mum did as she was the one who did my application as i had work :') Rly hope i'm not put with people who go to bed at like 9pm too ahaha

I put early rise and late to bed lol I rarely go to bed early, and rarely get more than 7hours sleep. So that suited me better than the other options.

Quick Reply

Latest