The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Hi!

I went on the accommodation visit day to the University of Liverpool today and came home not knowing how to feel! Carnatic and Green bank, although lively and sociable would not suit me as a person! I enjoy nights out (I'd say 2-3 a week, if i have enough money!), and for me Prospect Point seems perfect! I want en-suite, self catered! The only thing worrying me is the thought that I will be placed with people of the other extreme, i.e people that don't want to go out EVER!

Just really confused as to where to apply for :/. Not wanting to go private AT ALL but the Uni's accom just doesn't seem to be working for me! Any help would be MUCH appreciated from anyone who lives, or knows someone who lives/has lived in PP!

I'm very confused and can feel myself stressing over this!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1533925

Theres a few threads going on Accommodation, thats one of them if u want to have a look through what other people have said :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Thankss :smile: x
Reply 3
Im choosing prospect point. I go out ont' regularr
Reply 4
Good to know!
What did you like about Prospect Point?
Reply 6
hey, when are we supposed to apply for accommodation ? :confused:
Reply 7
This is exactly how I feel! Was tempted by Grand Central through Unite as my mate said it's amazing but it's sooooo expensive. Prospect Point seems perfect and if lots of people have the same mindset as us, we'll have an amazing year :smile:
Reply 8
I really want to go to prospect point but i was also worried that I would be stuck with people who wont go out!
Reply 9
I didn't get any info about open days for offer holders?! Is it on the website?
Reply 10
Original post by minicuckoo
I really want to go to prospect point but i was also worried that I would be stuck with people who wont go out!

You won't be :smile:
:tongue: I'm also worried because it's pretty close to the Liverpool hospital which could be quite daunting... can anyone assure me it wont be that bad? :tongue:
Reply 12
Hey. I recently emailed the accommodation office asking when applications open, and they emailed me back very promptly stating it would be in/around March!. Personally I'm looking at Prospect Point (just like the idea of self-catered, ensuite and being in a more modern environment) or maybe D&R.
Reply 13
Original post by ItsRach
Hey. I recently emailed the accommodation office asking when applications open, and they emailed me back very promptly stating it would be in/around March!. Personally I'm looking at Prospect Point (just like the idea of self-catered, ensuite and being in a more modern environment) or maybe D&R.

Hmm that's good I want to try and get this stuff out the way as soon as possible
Reply 14

hi im going to choose prospect point aswell
what course u doing?
and when do we confirm it?
I'm hopefully going to do Civil engineering, what about you?
I think we can confirm it now but I was also looking at D&R and maybe dale...
Reply 16
is anybody here on a gap year?
Reply 17
Original post by ItsRach
is anybody here on a gap year?

YES
Reply 18
Prospect Point is the nicer of the Liberty living properties in Liverpool, but you'll be very lucky to get in (most places go to JMU students and NHS workers).

What is it that doesn't suit you about Greenbank/Carnatic?

:tongue: I'm also worried because it's pretty close to the Liverpool hospital which could be quite daunting... can anyone assure me it wont be that bad? :tongue:

It won't be that bad, the halls are secure, I've dropped patients off the Royal in the small hours of the morning and haven't had any major issues. The only drawback is you may hear the ambulances going past with their sirens on, but you get that all over Liverpool, you just get used
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by NikoWatio
YES

sweet :smile: what course are you going to be doing?

Quick Reply

Latest