Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Football forum changes. Add your suggestions.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I agree with MM when it comes to posting in various places. I really don't see the problem and I quite enjoy flicking through a few different threads as you get a few different views. From partisan, to neutral to active hate depending on the thread.

I also don't understand why this needs to be 'ok'd'. This us a forum, threads are made in said forum all the time. As long as it isn't insulting or trolling then I don't see how there can be a problem.
    Those views would all be there, just in the same place...

Sounds interesting :teeth:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Other ideas? (will add suggestions in the thread to this list)
    Hottest footballer of the week?(with pictures)

Otherwise it would be a rather sexist part of the forum!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    One proposal I would like to see is a thread designed for people writing mini-blogs (or big ones) as well as general and tactical reviews about anything to do with football. From their views on the proposed fair play rules, stadium naming rights to how a single player performed in the first half of a game.
    Such a blog thread could be stickied and really publicised to get people involved.
    Whilst I would be scared of reading tactical analyses by people on this forum it would be comical. Blogs in general are a great idea though, especially at the start of a season following the highs and lows of following certain members if they updated regularly.

(Original post by When will I know?)
    Hottest footballer of the week?(with pictures)

Otherwise it would be a rather sexist part of the forum!
    Agreed tbf :sexface:

I'll set the standard:

• 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think a proper betting thread would be interesting.

Allowing members to bet their 'rep' or some sort of virtual currency :holmes:

Like a virtual Bet Fair perhaps :holmes:

I would have to have a proper think about the logistics of this if other people are itnerested.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I think a proper betting thread would be interesting.

Allowing members to bet their 'rep' or some sort of virtual currency :holmes:

Like a virtual Bet Fair perhaps :holmes:

I would have to have a proper think about the logistics of this if other people are itnerested.
    There's that Vbookie malarky that no longer gets any attention. Never really used it but I did notice RonaldoVII has a ridiculous amount of credits
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would also throw my weight behind a betting thing. Liked the look of that VBookie but it had died by the time I was a regular, although i'm not entirely sure how it worked.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    The current state of the Arsenal thread is why something needs to change tbf. Keyboard warriors going to battle is frankly embarrassing.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    The current state of the Arsenal thread is why something needs to change tbf. Keyboard warriors going to battle is frankly embarrassing.
    Pretty much agreed with this. At times the whole football sub-forum may as well be an Arsenal one.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The arsenal soc is full of fail. I don't even know why I bother reading the **** posted there.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Certainly the **** posted by all the 'fans' who know nothing about football at least. :facepalm2:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Someone in the cricket thread has decided it would be a good idea if we try and catch all of the lost souls from 606 when it closes :facepalm2:

Lock this place down tbf.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    While i don't mind these thread titles. I'd still prefer to use my clubs society to discuss the game. Having said that its a good idea that both sets of fans for that game will be able to discuss and debate each teams chances
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    While i don't mind these thread titles. I'd still prefer to use my clubs society to discuss the game. Having said that its a good idea that both sets of fans for that game will be able to discuss and debate each teams chances
    I think it's with clubs like yours that the real choice comes in, there's often not that much discussion about the match (compared to some other socs) but that means there's not so much **** posted. I think I'd feel the same as you, tbh, but if you weren't too bothered about posting in a more general thread during the match, that'd be great. You could then go back to the soc to discuss the match once it's finished (unless the match had it's own individual thread).
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love the enthusiasm people have when they first become moderator. Like they saw egypt on the telly, and fancy a bit

Hupert Poo's plans for the footy forum to take over the internet were pretty impressive. All died a death though, as it doesn't matter how you split/merge the threads you need the content to bring in new posters.

I'm all for anything which gets more decent posters in the forum, but try and stay away from cheap ploys to bring in more users. Last thing we need is a 606 emigration problem.

Oh, and a proper betting thread would be boss and long overdue. I know we have a dedicated betting thread, but it gets lost in the sport forum
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would love a list of all members of TSR who also frequent 606. Perhaps they could be branded somehow so we know who to avoid :holmes:
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used 606 a long time ago, before I got ****ed off with all the extremists.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the best idea would maybe to rename the Ultimate Football Thread to something like General Football Discussion for just commenting on things happening at the time / TV stuff / games like Stoke Blackburn etc. Also for big games, hype threads can be made for lengthy build up (anyone can make it). The reason I think that's the best idea is because it seems the most natural option because it happens anyway, it just needs to be refined a bit.

But I really like Mess' idea of starting a mini-blogs thread to do with anything about football. It seems quite a few members have strong opinions about certain aspects of football (from "teams that play beautiful football should be respected more" to Barca's sponsorship deal, to a rant about the 442 etc.). Would be a great idea. I also think some members who don't frequent the forum much make really good lengthy posts (some guy on the Spurs thread, the guy doing Football studies at Solent etc.), I think they could be encouraged to post there.

Only problem is if someone wants to comment on an entry... it may clog up the thread.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    I think the best idea would maybe to rename the Ultimate Football Thread to something like General Football Discussion for just commenting on things happening at the time / TV stuff / games like Stoke Blackburn etc. Also for big games, hype threads can be made for lengthy build up (anyone can make it). The reason I think that's the best idea is because it seems the most natural option because it happens anyway, it just needs to be refined a bit.

But I really like Mess' idea of starting a mini-blogs thread to do with anything about football. It seems quite a few members have strong opinions about certain aspects of football (from "teams that play beautiful football should be respected more" to Barca's sponsorship deal, to a rant about the 442 etc.). Would be a great idea. I also think some members who don't frequent the forum much make really good lengthy posts (some guy on the Spurs thread, the guy doing Football studies at Solent etc.), I think they could be encouraged to post there.

Only problem is if someone wants to comment on an entry... it may clog up the thread.
    Could have all the blogs linked to the OP, and then it doesnt matter how clogged it becomes all the blogs are accessible on the first page, all dated and easily found
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Blog sub forum tbh :pierre:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Blog sub forum tbh :pierre:
    Do not try and refine my ideas into something coherent and useful ffs

Why do I even exist :sigh:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2014
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.