Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Football forum changes. Add your suggestions.

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Didn't he used to be a mod? I think they get free unlimited subs

I remember I got an unlimited sub once by accident :holmes:
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry Also, I think Rich is still subbed because he is an ex-mod. Mods/ex-mods have lifetime subs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    You were the first support of that thread ffs :facepalm2: 'Football journalism' comes across as quite serious in nature, whereas 'blogging' is more user friendly imo :holmes: I reckon it's worth a shot at least, and then if it fails it fails.

Noticed on that thread that Hubert Poo is still subbed :lolwut:
    Agreed, I think the failure of that thread was more about how it was done than the general concept. :yy:

Unlimited sub for former mods.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    You were the first support of that thread ffs :facepalm2: 'Football journalism' comes across as quite serious in nature, whereas 'blogging' is more user friendly imo :holmes: I reckon it's worth a shot at least, and then if it fails it fails.

Noticed on that thread that Hubert Poo is still subbed :lolwut:
    Yeah, I supported it because it is a good idea, but in practice it just failed because people couldn't be bothered. If you guys get this idea to work then great, I enjoy reading blogs and stuff, but I just don't think it'll be around for more than a few weeks :dontknow:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I was to blog I'd post a link in the Utd soc. and that's it. Most of the other socs have their fair share of 'GTFO' fans, who I don't have time for, and I also think that anyone spouting that should be warned and informed that this is an open forum.

I think we could have a twitter feed.....
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    If I was to blog I'd post a link in the Utd soc. and that's it. Most of the other socs have their fair share of 'GTFO' fans, who I don't have time for, and I also think that anyone spouting that should be warned and informed that this is an open forum.

I think we could have a twitter feed.....
    Agreed on the warning point for that. I am sure there must be some sort of way of a mod implementing this. Perhaps point free for a month before moving it up.

A Twitter feed would be :coma: Imagine if we 'trend' :sexface:
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate to admit I can be a little bit of a GTFO person at times, but only to certain people (including some of the Arsenal fans).
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I hate to admit I can be a little bit of a GTFO person at times, but only to certain people (including some of the Arsenal fans).
    I think we all can be, at times, like directly after matches..... but the blanket posts, like the latest in the Arsenal soc. that you commented on [:yy:], are crap and need to reined in, imo.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I think we all can be, at times, like directly after matches..... but the blanket posts, like the latest in the Arsenal soc. that you commented on [:yy:], are crap and need to reined in, imo.
    I'm not sure what to make of the :yy: you've given me there - are you agreeing with the way I responded, or criticising it?

But yeah, so many people (who often know sodall) just post once a month after a team gets a bad result and have no respect for other fans. It grinds my gears.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I suggest that the term "crumble" is replaced by the term "Deshi".

Adjective, Verb and Noun. If anyone could get a picture of him to post instead of the generic crumble pics, well that'd be just great
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I second this motion.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what to make of the :yy: you've given me there - are you agreeing with the way I responded, or criticising it?

But yeah, so many people (who often know sodall) just post once a month after a team gets a bad result and have no respect for other fans. It grinds my gears.
    Agreeing, hence the 'thumbs up'.

And it also coincides with 'big' matches.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even be able to say who the 'head honchos' are in the Arsenal Soc any more.

Maybe myself, Overmars and Abiraleft who I'd say have the most sensible, measured opinions, along with a few more who are fairly new to the Soc (Skaiyote)

But then some post stuff that isn't always useful and is sometimes ridiculous.

I won't say who they are.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd quite like to see it put in action. I remember when the Ultimate Football Thread was the main hub for all match discussion. Then I come back to the forums after a little while and the thread is abandoned!

I don't see the point in posting in the societies unless you're a fan, the whole point of those is for supporters of the teams to have their own thread and discuss all things related to their team. It doesn't really invite debate from other supporters. Number of times I've stopped myself posting in one of societies as I felt my post would be construed as a deliberate wind up, even though it isn't.

I'm all up for big threads discussing the current fixtures :yy:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even be able to say who the 'head honchos' are in the Arsenal Soc any more.

Maybe myself, Overmars and Abiraleft who I'd say have the most sensible, measured opinions, along with a few more who are fairly new to the Soc (Skaiyote)

But then some post stuff that isn't always useful and is sometimes ridiculous.

I won't say who they are.
    zizali :yep:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't Marcus go to uni and regularly bump into Vinster and Deshi in bars and clubs? Imagine pics of the two biggest crumbles all over the forum ffs :sogood:

Make it happen Marcus, we'll chip in for a lifetime sub if this happens
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have met Vinay once - or rather he crumbled and introduced himself to me. :mmm:

Never met Deshi.

But I can try. For the sake of the Football Forum. :gah:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're playing our firsts on Saturday? I could come down and shout abuse at you
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get more girls to post :awesome:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2014
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.