The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Slade school of fine art interview help please :)

Hi what kind of questions do they ask at a Slade school of Fine Art (UCL) university interview?
And what is the interview style like, challenging/casual?

Any other info you think is useful for me too hehe

Help much appreciated Iam slightly freaking out! xP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes! I would really appreciate some advice too! need help on what the interview is like! haha x
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
also mizzachizza well done!! did you jump around like crazy when you received the letter? :tongue:
Reply 3
I have just had an interview today. It was for an MFA course in fine art media. I would say it was very casual, letting you speak a lot only interrupting when prompted by something you said.

It may be a different case for you guys if applying for a BA.
Reply 4
Hey,
I've got an interview for Slade and I'm starting to get worried about it too, I was just wondering, even though they're work is generally contemporary does that mean they expect most of your knowledge to be of contemporary artists then?
Reply 5
I would expect that they are looking for atleast a mixture of knowledge in both contemporary and more old school work. I imagine they would appreciate historical knowledge, to show you have a good understanding of the foundations and context of art. However if they see you are interested in whats happening currently I suppose it goes some way to showing your enthusiasm for art.
Reply 6
Has anyone had an interview at slade yet? how did it go? I had mine yesterday and am now freaking out about whether I have a chance of getting in or not
Reply 7
I had mine yesterday too and I'm freaking out today too, don't think I expanded on what they asked me enough, so worried about it now, but I suppose there is nothing that can be done now I'm hoping my work will get me through it. How did yours go anyway?
Reply 8
i had mine on the 9th and im FREAKKKINGGG OUTTTTT!!!! i think i did terrible during interview. the male interviewer is terrifying D: do you guys know when we will know if we are getting in or not?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Yeeah, the old dude with the glasses? he took them on and off all the time and kept chewing on them.
In the administration thing the woman said to me that if you are unsuccessful then they will get back to you in 2 weeks but if you are successful then its more like 3weeks.
yes! but the guy without glasses was really nice. gotta wait for 2 weeks....thats real torture! D:
I think my issue was that they didnt seem to want to talk about my art itself, but were rather asking me questions about my way of working and how i would respond to the environment in slade. i also had a total blank of contemporary artists and ended up sounding pretty ignorant. do we find out by post for both rejections and if you got a place? or is that done through ucas?
i think the interviews are going on until half way through next week so hopefully they can decide soon. Oh god it was so bad when they took photos of you stood with your work at the end...
Reply 12
I'm only posting on this thread because I want to see what happens with you guys. I really want to go to the Slade next year!
Reply 13
Any MFA applicant got news yet?
i haven't go for the interview since i am overseas.
While i read people are still asking for the interview these few days, are you guys applying for BA or MFA?

well... hope to know when it will be announced...
so we should start hearing now right? anybody received any news?
Reply 15
Original post by may-nichols

Original post by may-nichols
so we should start hearing now right? anybody received any news?

got an offer yesterday for undergraduate program!
Reply 16
Congratulation!
Did you have mail from slade?
Are you applying for BA or BFA?
I haven't got yet any e-mail.
They are said to me that if you are rejecting get an e-mail within 1 week
Or if you are pass the interview get an e-mail within 2 weeks.
I interviewed 14th March, already 1 week passed.
In My friend’s case, one is already got a reject e-mail the day before yesterday.the other ucas track changed to conditional on yesterday,but she didn't got an e-mail from slade.
I’m look forward to good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
hey im waiting to hear back from slade and was just wondering if anyone else heard back.
Is this this about them offering after 3 weeks and rejecting after 2 true ?
good luck to everyone :smile:
Hi, I have been following this thread secretly the whole time :smile:
I got an offer from the slade too! My interview was on the 9th and I heard back on the 21st March. Good luck everyone!
do you think that the later you hear the less likely it is that you are in then? my interview was on the 8th and I havent heard yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending