The Student Room Group

Crash course in drinking!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Also how long into the night do you start drinking these types of drinks? I dont want to be wasted 1 hour in lol. Drinking slowly is the key I think
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
You need to get to ULU :wink:

Like £2.50 I think. I always get schwasted on it.

£2.60 at witherspoon's.
Original post by Stephen18
Spirits
+ Disaronno and Coke - tastes like Dr Pepper, even in doubles, and fairly strong at 28% ABV
+ Vodka and orange juice - really sweet, and can't taste the vodka (fresh OJ though, not squash)
+ Jagermeister and Monster/Red Bull - good if you don't like Jagerbombs - mix the Jager in with the energy drink, tastes very sweet, and is fairly strong at 35% ABV (almost as strong as vodka)

Cocktails
Woo Woo, Purple Rain, Cheeky V and so on. Buy a pitcher, usually works out cheaper and is the equivalent of two glasses.

Shots
Tequila Rose is a nice one, had it for the first time tonight, and it tastes just like strawberry milkshake!
Jagermeister

If you are drinking vodka, try and stick to the premium brands. Smirnoff, for example, has been triple distilled, and believe me your head will thank you for it in the morning. Even if you get stupidly drunk, it won't usually give you a headache. Cheap brands taste like crap, and will guarantee you a lovely hangover!

I work in a pub by the way, just thought I would mention that so I don't sound like a crazy alcoholic, quoting ABV's and stuff!

I should try the vodka/orange juice amazing idea! I dont usually like the taste of vodka that underlies in vodka/coke.
Jagerbombs and Cheeky V ftw.
Reply 24
Original post by Baaaa
I'm not planning on getting absolutely smashed out of my face so I cant walk lol but I do want to "keep up" with the others. Woo woo is that like smirnoff ice and stuff?

I can drink those all day long lol but I think ill have a few magners and then just drink vodka redbulls all night :/

Woo woo is vodka, peach snaps and cranberry juice :biggrin:

how can you drink double vodkas but not want to taste alcohol? :confused:
Reply 25
Original post by LC_x
Woo woo is vodka, peach snaps and cranberry juice :biggrin:

how can you drink double vodkas but not want to taste alcohol? :confused:

When im totally sober, my tastebuds are really sensitive to the taste of alcohol. I have to drink things like WKD's or magners to make myself abit tipsy so to speak. Then I can drink things like vodka redbulls without tasting the vodka... its weird but thats just me.

And whatever I mix it with has to be very strong and overpower the taste of the alcohol, like redbull or pure orange juice for example.

Coke just doesnt work.

Seriously, this.
15% and tastes like cherryade omnomnom.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
My personal favourite are Jager bombs :biggrin:
Reply 28
Bottle of £3.50 wine before going out. If it's minging, which is likely, add blackcurrant squash and you're sorted!
Reply 29
I recommend cocaine, probably a safer option for a new guy
Reply 30
YES! Mixed Fruits Koppaberg is the best, you wouldn't even know there's alchohol in it! :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by iamnotasealion

Seriously, this.
15% and tastes like cherryade omnomnom.

Jagerbombs sound pretty awesome! Once I get to that point ill be drinking all kinds anyway lol

Quick Reply

Latest