Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Resetting the House

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    If we're going to have a reset, then why not have a proper reset? What major legislation has passed in the last few terms anyway?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Great idea. When I wrote my manifesto, I often hesitated, as I wondered whether or not it had already been realised.
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spidergareth)
    I like the idea of a rolling reset. This would ensure change, but prevent bills from being debated all the time over and over again. I would suggest legislation remains in force for 3 parliaments.

Handjobs for the blind?
    Hmmm, this has potential.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Hmmm, this has potential.
    The handjobs or the rolling resets?
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaran-j)
    The handjobs or the rolling resets?
    Both, for sure.

Too long have the disadvantaged in society been ignored - it's time we recognize they have needs too!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I fully agree.

I would love to see more made of the hypothetical situation I would also like to see newspapers; i.e. mod written stories that parties should respond to.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I fully agree.

I would love to see more made of the hypothetical situation I would also like to see newspapers; i.e. mod written stories that parties should respond to.
    My tenth level peace envoy rolls for initiative!

• 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    It would definitely get my vote, although I think we need to think of other things besides just resetting legislation to attract new members.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a slightly different preference: I'd like us to declare independence, form a separate country and start our entire legal system more or less from scratch.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I have a slightly different preference: I'd like us to declare independence, form a separate country and start our entire legal system more or less from scratch.
    :awesome: Now that's a plan :yy:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I'm gonna come right out and say that that's a really cool idea.
    • 36 followers

Not bad L i b. Not bad at all.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Do you think that we would be able to form anything other than anarchy or feudalism at most?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Not a bad idea that. :holmes:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Now that sounds like a plan! :yy:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    We could always reset the legislation, keep our Westminster-style HoC and start a new separate nation from scratch :holmes:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do it. Paddy has covered all the main points. Stricof makes a good case for an election. :dumbells:

Also, new party names. Or have I missed that debate? :emog:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I was against at first, but I've been convinced by the arguments in here.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go for it :yy:
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    One thing that springs to mind is that if the reset happens the older members might try to merely submit old bills.
    I mean there are some I think should be resubmitted, like my Millitary Hospitals Bill. However to avoid immedietly reverting back to our old legislation and our old ways, perhaps put a limit on how many old bills each party can re-submit to the house?

(Original post by L i b)
    Viva la Republic!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 1, 2011
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.