The Student Room Group

Should Sunny D be taken off the shelves again?

Sunny D was removed from shops a few years back because fo the bad effects it had on people, such as the young girl who developed an orange skin pigmentation. Lately I've been hearing rumours that a newer version of sunny d , the florida style, has been turning people's urine pink because the the new 'natural' dyes they have been using. Do you think it should be removed all together?

Scroll to see replies

It'll turn my piss pink?

Sweet, that would make for a great party trick.
Reply 2
I like how you mentioned the negative side effects of Sunny D.
Nah, they should keep it but with tobacco style warnings on them. "WARNING: WILL TURN PISS PINK".
Reply 4
mmm, Sunny D, whenever i drink it it brings back so many memories, i cried when they took it off shelves and screamed when i saw it back in stores last year, DONT TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME AGAIN!!!
Reply 5
Source....?
Reply 6
How did I not know it was back?! I feel so out of the loop. :emo:
Reply 7
Juno drank a lot of it and that wasn't a bad film-oh wait...
I thought the concerns were for it turning kids mental?

I found be experimenting with counterbalancing sunny d with calpol you can overcome this scenario quite well.

P.s. I in no way condone the experimentation of drugs/medicine on children and in case my sister see's this have never experimented on her daughters while babysitting them.:wink:

Edit: My sis negged me!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
I heard the 'natural' dye they were using was something linked to beetroot to give it it's attractive pink colour.. but surely this can't be right! My friend was a great fan of it until her wee turned pink, it freaked her out!
Original post by Rachael Milner
Sunny D was removed from shops a few years back because fo the bad effects it had on people, such as the young girl who developed an orange skin pigmentation. Lately I've been hearing rumours that a newer version of sunny d , the florida style, has been turning people's urine pink because the the new 'natural' dyes they have been using. Do you think it should be removed all together?

Well for that point, remove beetroot and carrots from the shelves then. Oh and asparagus, for the smell.
I never noticed they stopped selling it... I've gotta start paying more attention.
How come Sunny D has such a special place in people's hearts? Really really good marketing???
Reply 13
The effect of it turning urine pink is just the result of the beetroot in the drink. It's harmless.
Ooh sunny d and rum yum yum.
Original post by CapnHooch
Ooh sunny d and rum yum yum.

It's a flavour I just thought of ooooooh
Reply 16
Original post by bognor-regis
How come Sunny D has such a special place in people's hearts? Really really good marketing???

The massiveness of the bottle and the fact it's all orangey and happy makes kids imagine they're living on the set of a Nickelodeon kids' sitcom set in Miami. Rather than rainy old ... Bognor Regis, let's say.
How is wee turning pink rather than looking like apple juice or nuclear waste a bad thing? :s-smilie: Unless it causes a really serious illness (I expect the Daily Mail will link it to cancer eventually like they do everything else :rolleyes:) I don't see it as a problem. If anything, it's damn awesome. I'm bored of pumping out apple juice personally
Original post by Arekkusu
The massiveness of the bottle and the fact it's all orangey and happy makes kids imagine they're living on the set of a Nickelodeon kids' sitcom set in Miami. Rather than rainy old ... Bognor Regis, let's say.

LOL. I'm gonna buy some today, last time I drunk it was prob ten years ago.
Just had a bottle now we wait

Quick Reply

Latest