BBC3 - Junior Doctors: Your Life In Their Hands

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    If only...
    Don't know what all this fuss about doctors hours is about... they seem fine. :awesome:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    I thought it was really good gave me a good insight into the 'real' medicine as opposed to casualty and Holby city
    It did seem more realistic, there was less flirting, more paperwork and some work actually got done.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Adam and Suzi are so going to end up sleeping together. You heard it here first, folks.
    Did you see him pop a chip into her mouth? SICKENING.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bord3r)
    It did seem more realistic, there was less flirting, more paperwork and some work actually got done.
    I really liked the part were they showed him doing paper work because when we think of Doctors we usually think of them saving life's being in scenarios as suzi was in A&E or like a GP, it was interesting to see aside from that, that they also have to do paper work and work abnormal hours constantly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    If i get into medical school, I know I'll be a doctor like Suzi (IM A BOY TOO)

Whats wrong with her?! I thought she was great?
    I'm not sure, she just gave me a weird feeling.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    I thought it was really good gave me a good insight into the 'real' medicine as opposed to casualty and Holby city
    It's not that good...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Adam and Suzi are so going to end up sleeping together. You heard it here first, folks.
    Suzi reminds me of the hot blonde surgeon from surgery school on ITV, obviously less attractive though

Adam was probably the most entairtaining of them all by far:

''I want to change the world'' while driving his expensive car on a countryside motorway, presumably to winger about paper work.

The beginning was cringeworthy, the end was decent. Though, I'm confused as to why the F2's were overly worried, surely they had clinicals and F1 to prepare for this? The title is also very misleading, imping that they were directly responsible for a patient's life - I don't think the ward consultant would be too happy about that

Also, that old nurse was an hag
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was all right. They even included the FY1 doing paperwork to make it seem more realistic. I especially liked the bit where they set the kitchen on fire. One thing though, with the rectal exam, why on earth didn't the patient ask for his face to be pixelated? That would have embarrassed the hell out of me!
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DexterM)
    Did you see him pop a chip into her mouth? SICKENING.
    By the time this series is out, that's not all he's going to be popping into her mouth.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Was that in bad taste?
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altrozero)
    Didn't like Adam, Suzi didn't fill me with much confidence, but I can't wait to watch the big dude, he looks awesome.
    Yeah, that guy looks really cool! I'd like to hang out with Suzi but the fact she's a doctor is sort of... scary? Adam just made me laugh! Well, cringe! But I suppose it's the same thing! I want to hug Kathyrn, she just seems so sweet but so scared!

(Original post by SAK.A)
    iplayer.
    I recorded it so it's ok!
    Watching it now, so if you see some inane 'OMG WTF!!!' comments on here, it's me!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    It's not that good...
    Then maybe i need to watch you in action Renal
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    By the time this series is out, that's not all he's going to be popping into her mouth.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Was that in bad taste?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes. But you made me laugh so it's all good!

I'm getting the impression so far that Suzi doesn't really know what she's doing... we shall see.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was an interesting episode overall, but for the most part didn't show junior doctors in the best light.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    It's not that good...
    Wishing you'd say yes now huh?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I recorded it so it's ok!
    Watching it now, so if you see some inane 'OMG WTF!!!' comments on here, it's me!
    I couldn't watch it on T.V. Family is obsessed with that 90201 or whatever it is. I tried to watch it on iplayer but my internet is crap. So I'm going to download it from iplayer tommorow. This is usually the case with all T.V. series's I'm always the last to watch it. . I really need to buy a cheap T.V with freeview.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bord3r)
    And they're less attractive than the folks on Holby and House!

Ok, I take it back, I really like Suzi!
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I'm getting the impression so far that Suzi doesn't really know what she's doing... we shall see.
    ED SHO in their (alleged) first week? Par fro the corse.

(Of course I knew how much diaz to whack up the fitters arse )
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Love itttttttt!!!
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Wishing you'd say yes now huh?
    Oooo. There's a thought there.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was ok I guess. But still very odd and cliche (if that's the correct word) bunch those guys

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 7, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.