The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

BA English interview + travelling to Warwick- this Friday- help

Hi!

I have an interview this Friday for BA English and Theatre. I've got my Virgin train tickets to Coventry. When I was purchasing the train tickets online it prompted me to some sort of one day bus saver ticket thing. I bought it. Will this ticket allow me to use the bus from Coventry to Warwick University all day?

More importantly, how do I travel to the university from Coventry station? I have absolutely no idea. Please help!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Yes you can use that ticket all day.

There is a bus stop very close to the train station. It might be a bit hard to find, but I'll try to explain.

Exit the train station, turn left and keep walking. You should see waiting rooms on your left. Turn left again. You shud see a fence and train tracks behind it. Walk along that small alley. Go up the flight of stairs and you should see the bus stop on your left.

Take the number 12 bus to go to the uni! Goodluck! :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Yeah, basically head toward the car park, there is a fenced alley alongside the train tracks, walk along that toward a flight of stairs leading up to a bridge, the bus stop is on the side of the road you come up the stairs on, just on your left :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 3
Thank you all. How will I know I've arrived at the university, will there be an annoucement on the bus? How long does the bus journey last?
Reply 4
Original post by Eggs and Ham
Thank you all. How will I know I've arrived at the university, will there be an annoucement on the bus? How long does the bus journey last?

Journey is about 20 mins. You'll know when the bus comes to uni, loads of people will get off.
Reply 5
The bus stop you're looking for is on the road above the tracks - it's called Warwick Road. You'll know you're in the right place if you bear left out of Cov station and make sure the red fence is on your left. Go up a couple of flights of concrete steps and it's the first stop you see - you will see also that there are electronic screens giving bus times, and there's bound to be a 12 on there as they're quite regular. All of this makes it sound more confusing than it actually is - it's pretty clear where you'll need to go.

One little word of warning: the route the bus takes will take you through campus from the Westwood end. You will see big blue University of Warwick signs at the edge of campus but don't panic and think you have to get off - this is a little way from campus so sit tight and you will soon recognise when you are on central campus because the bus will go past the main academic buildings and the SU etc. But print of a campus map to take with you just in case - even if you get off at the wrong stop you won't have far to walk.

And GOOD LUCK :biggrin: Warwick's great and hopefully you will have a great day.
Number 12 bus from station, it will either say Warwick Uni or Leamington Spa on the front.

The bus goes through campus (there are a few diff stops on campus), the main stop on campus is where the costcutter shop is.

Quick Reply

Latest