The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

The official bcu 2011/12 thread

Scroll to see replies

At least I'm not the only one.. I only just got given my Student ID.

I've got a conditional offer for Marketing, Advertising and PR (MAPR). I don't think I've met anyone yet who is doing the exact same course.. :frown:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 41
thought i'd finally sign up to this as it be cool to get to know some people going to bcu. i'll be studying law there, but i'm in an annoying situation at the moment where my ucas application currently has a grade 'pending' dispite the fact that i've done all my exams and am in the middle of a gap year, turns out i can completely meet my offer but the university need to wait till August before they can accept given they need ucas to change it or something.

ahh well. looking forward to seeing folks at the north campus!
Oooh. Thats weird one. Why the hell didn't you just get an unconditional? And also, congratulations, at least you know for definite you'll be going :tongue:
Hi,I'm gong to be studying law with legal practise as of september 2011 at BCU. I'm staying at Curzon Gateway.. Just wanted to get to know a few people so feel free to add me on facebook - Monik Pandit.
Reply 44
Original post by Leann88

Original post by Leann88
Do you know your flat number yet? I'm in flat 107...

im in 211 bloc c
Reply 45
Original post by harrietfoyster

Original post by harrietfoyster
hey just spotted that someone's living in curzon and doing a foundation at Bourneville? me too! are you using the trains to get to school? x

yeah i will be, seems like the quickest way to get there?
Original post by Ruby26
yeah i will be, seems like the quickest way to get there?

yeah it makes sense as there's no traffic or anything, the walk from bournville station to school seemed quite long when i visited but it'll be fine!
Reply 47
I've got a conditional offer for Fashion Retail Management, and want to book a room at Curzon Gateway, but my course starts on 1st September and all all accom says starting 17th September.. Anyone help?
Original post by Pixie11
I've got a conditional offer for Fashion Retail Management, and want to book a room at Curzon Gateway, but my course starts on 1st September and all all accom says starting 17th September.. Anyone help?

try another accom? im at gosta green and staying in hamsted, way cheaper and you get is as of 1st Sept. also i dont think 1st Sept is the official starting date, i think its just an estimation...
Reply 49
Is hamsted near costa green? I been trying to ring the uni but no ones answering!
Original post by Pixie11
Is hamsted near costa green? I been trying to ring the uni but no ones answering!

its an 11 minte bus ride. i timed it. the bus stops to and from the campus and accommodation are about 3 minutes walk each.
Original post by Pixie11

The 1st of September is the default date put on UCAS but courses don't start till after freshers which starts on the 19th
Reply 52
Original post by AndSparkles

Original post by AndSparkles
At least I'm not the only one.. I only just got given my Student ID.

I've got a conditional offer for Marketing, Advertising and PR (MAPR). I don't think I've met anyone yet who is doing the exact same course.. :frown:

I am hopeing to do the same course this year (:
Awesome! It's nice to meet you :smile:
Reply 54
iv been accepted at BCU and will be studying Computer Networks and security
but wont be living in accom
Reply 55
hey,
il be doin MBA at BCU sep 2011 intake.anyone there doin the same course
Reply 56
Hi
I'll be studying Psychology at the North Campus but I haven't found anyone else joining the course as yet. Anybody know when the timetables are released? Good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by Leann88

Original post by Leann88
Hi,
I am staring BCU in sept to do SALT and I've got my accommodation booked at curzon gateway.
Is anyone else doing the SALT degree or going to be living at curzon too???

Meee!! :smile: but im going to be living in opal! getting quite excited now :smile:
doing Accounting and Finance at BCU come september (dunno why though, lol.) anyone doing the same tedious course or anything related? =p
Reply 59
heyy im going to be studing MSc at BCU in september staying at curzon block C anyone else going to study masters or stay there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending