Hey everyone, I’m Phalanges, your new Entz mod. Some of you may know me, some may not. The reason I’ve made this thread is primarily to let you know what I’m about, what I want to do for this group of forums, and what you can do to help.
I see moderation a little differently to how I suspect some users view it. I’m not a dictator laying down the law to you, I see myself more as a member of the community that is involved in getting these forums as the best they can, in terms of content and feeling.
General Good Practice
All of the typical rules of TSR apply (which can be found here). However, to be a little more specific to the entz forums:
• Please look before you make a thread. So many duplicate threads get made on certain films that have to be merged, which is time consuming and boring for me. A quick search beforehand saves all of this unpleasantness.
• Please avoid making broad best of/recommend me threads. Nobody ever looks beyond the first couple of posts, and they die only to have another thread made in a couple of months that elicits exactly the same responses. There is a film recommendation megathread here which I will be merging these generic threads into. Creating a thread looking at the motivations behind people’s choices is infinitely more interesting than just a list.
• Spoilers are unavoidable when talking about films. However, if you're discussing some things in a more general thread it's nice to hide away the details in tags so it's not ruined for everyone who hasn't seen the film. You can do that with this code:
[spoiler]Your Text Here[/spoiler]
What You Can Do To Help Me
• Post reporting is incredibly helpful. I simply don’t have the time or the motivation to look through every post on these forums, so by flagging it up whenever you see something inappropriate or misplaced it’s of great benefit to me, and I really appreciate it. So please, post report.
• Set a good example with your posts. Make interesting posts, don’t troll, flame or spam, and everyone will benefit.
• Be understanding. I’m only human, and I will make mistakes from time to time. If I do something you disagree with, please raise it civilly with me in AAM and I’ll do my best to resolve it, rather than slagging me off around the site or saying nothing and feeling hard done by.
This is the exciting bit. I’ve been discussing some ideas I have with the admin to try and bring some exciting things to the site, such as prizes, early reviews of films and TV shows and content like interviews. It’s all in very early stages at the minute, but watch this space!
As a team we are also going to be reviewing the different fora under the heading of Entz, so keep an eye out for news of any changes.
Get In Touch
If you want to talk to me about anything, whether it’s something you’re unsure on or an idea you’ve got for the site then please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can contact me by PM, by writing on my profile page, or by creating a thread in AAM. AAM would be the preferred route, as then it will allow other mods to look and get involved with the discussions (rather than me having to repeat everything at a later date if I'm trying to get permission for it ).
See you around, and happy posting!
Last edited by Phalanges; 23-02-2011 at 12:03.