The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2220
Original post by levantine
israel does have nuclear reactors in the negev desert

Not for civil power though. Thats a secret secure facility
I said nuclear power not nuclear weapons. touché

So you did but does it matter if Israel does or not? No, does it matter if Iran does or not? yes, as they are lunatics.

Anyway there is no nuclear power for civilian use and since the Japan disaster they won't be for the coming years..
Reply 2222
you racist person, pakistan is a muslim country and has nuclear weapons and why are you dividing countries by religion??

I didn't it was the "oppressed muslims by america israel" and expel the infidels from muslim lands nonsense that bin laiden and "islamic extremist brothers" and even moderates arabs/middle easterns spout on TV.

I've said it before and I will repeat again the quicker muslims either allow Islam to evolve or dropo islam altogether the quicker they can stop being poor, backward and weak
Original post by romski
The problem is, Israel has them and this pushes other countries towards them.

eg US vs Russia, India vs Pakistan

The lucky thing is the muslim countries are so backward that they can't afford/ don't seem to be able to organise themselves to achieve nuclear status,

True, true... Pakistan has nuclear status and is a Muslim nation so they are the exception that proves the rule :smug: :tongue:
you racist person, pakistan is a muslim country and has nuclear weapons and why are you dividing countries by religion??

Are you honestly telling me that, that is not a fair comparison? India and Pakistan have been at odds for years and being Muslim doe... oh wait :sad:
Original post by tehFrance
True, true... Pakistan has nuclear status and is a Muslim nation so they are the exception that proves the rule :smug: :tongue:

Are you honestly telling me that, that is not a fair comparison? India and Pakistan have been at odds for years and being Muslim doe... oh wait :sad:

I mean ignorance in saying muslim countries are backward and I shall not reply to people like you again-those that show lack of respect
Original post by romski
I didn't it was the "oppressed muslims by america israel" and expel the infidels from muslim lands nonsense that bin laiden and "islamic extremist brothers" and even moderates arabs/middle easterns spout on TV.

I've said it before and I will repeat again the quicker muslims either allow Islam to evolve or dropo islam altogether the quicker they can stop being poor, backward and weak

okay your opinion
I mean ignorance in saying muslim countries are backward and I shall not reply to people like you again-those that show lack of respect

Like me? :lolwut: I didn't call them backward but lets face it, other than Iran and Pakistan none of them will become nuclear powers soon.
So you did but does it matter if Israel does or not? No, does it matter if Iran does or not? yes, as they are lunatics.

Anyway there is no nuclear power for civilian use and since the Japan disaster they won't be for the coming years..

Iran are not lunatics. They have a right just like any other country to nuclear power. Look if we're going to debate this then you have to show respect or else it'll be a debate of who knows more swear words
Iran are not lunatics. They have a right just like any other country to nuclear power. Look if we're going to debate this then you have to show respect or else it'll be a debate of who knows more swear words

1. The leaders of Iran are, have you seen some of the claims they make? utter crud.
2. No they do not have a right if their intention if to wipe another country off the map, this goes to any country... Muslim or not.
3. Are you threatening me with a swearing contest? I have not sworn at you or insulted you directly once and yet you are threatening me with swear words :colonhash:
Reply 2229
Do you even kow that they have nuclear weapons? they haven't declared which imo is a good thing in the region that they are with the nutjobs in Iran who's sole aim in life is to become nuclear capable to destory the state of Israel.

Israel has not shown any such stupidity towards her neighbours by threatening to wipe them off the map... whereas Iran has done so.

Who do you trust? :holmes:

Any evidence (other than propaganda) for the claim Iran's sole aim is to destroy Israel by nuclear weapon?

I also wonder why Iran's threats are treated as such a conclusive insight into the future of their policy. What people say (in all areas of life, especially politics) is often irrelevant to their actions; Hitler said 'nobody wishes peace more than I'.

There's another issue here about which I'm curious: why would Iran want to drop a nuclear weapon on Israel, which due to Israel's dense population, would literally kill millions, and also severely harm the Palestinians it claims to be fighting for? What on earth has Israel done to Iran to anger them so much, to make them do something like that?

The Iranian regime's inherent anti-Semitism is proposed as a motivation for their hypothetical nuclear attack. But why would the Iranian regime risk its very existence over Israel (launching said attack would have the regime overthrown and the leaders executed)? I think the leaders value their own power over Iran more than they hate the existence of Israel.
1. The leaders of Iran are, have you seen some of the claims they make? utter crud.
2. No they do not have a right if their intention if to wipe another country off the map, this goes to any country... Muslim or not.
3. Are you threatening me with a swearing contest? I have not sworn at you or insulted you directly once and yet you are threatening me with swear words :colonhash:

"lunatics" I meant that using words like that would result in a contest as such because they are unnecessary. It is better for Iran to develop nuclear power within the guidelines of the iaea (international atomic energy agency if you didnt know) than outside them. They have not been given the chance to do that
Reply 2231
Israel as in a jewish state has a right to exist-but not at the expense of any other country's right to exist. The jews have the right to live in their 'promised land' in peace with permission from the palestinian government (in the same way i would have the right to go to America if i got a visa) However the zionists decided that they had the right to change palestine's name, religion, language, flag and law in the name of their 'rights'-ironically in doing so they deny Palestinian's theirs!
Reply 2232

Why you have to bring France's music into it? and you clearly haven't heard a lot as there is a lot of good stuff.

This was just a joke mon ami, but I'm happy to be educated. Here is Mr Rondat.

Israel can survive without America, she did just fine in the 'Six Day War'... should the need arise she can do it again.

In anything more than just the briefest conflicts (so more than just 6 days), or even just maintaining long term security, israel is not the military industrial complex you might want it to be.

You will need to sell a lot of jaffas to not have to rely on US money.
Original post by Mishmish
Israel as in a jewish state has a right to exist-but not at the expense of any other country's right to exist. The jews have the right to live in their 'promised land' in peace with permission from the palestinian government (in the same way i would have the right to go to America if i got a visa) However the zionists decided that they had the right to change palestine's name, religion, language, flag and law in the name of their 'rights'-ironically in doing so they deny Palestinian's theirs!

Palestine has never been a country, you ignoramus.

But Israel is a country now whereas the geographical area of Palestine is not a country but who knows once September comes along :smile:

Most countries do recognise Palestine as a state but obviously Israel/US are keen for this not to happen in the UN.
Reply 2235
But Israel is a country now whereas the geographical area of Palestine is not a country but who knows once September comes along :smile:

yes, and as you are pleased that the argument of "but it was never a country before!" has been quashed in the case of Israel, my satisfaction will come when Palestine becomes a sovereign state. We can infer that this argument is useless and hypocritical.
Reply 2236
Original post by ForeverIsMyName
Palestine has never been a country, you ignoramus.

You best define country then chaver, so we can check on israel's pre 1948 history. It can mean land, terriory, fiefdom or realm, and in history these terms have applied for a lot longer than 'nation state'. Witness the arbitary lines drawn on the map of Africa by colonialists. It's quite obvious that national boundaries still mean almost nothing in many of the conflicts there.

Incidentally, if someone doesn't hold your view of the middle east, there's no need to use a term that deliberately insults their intelligence or education. :naughty:
Reply 2237
Original post by romski
The problem is, Israel has them and this pushes other countries towards them.

eg US vs Russia, India vs Pakistan

The lucky thing is the muslim countries are so backward that they can't afford/ don't seem to be able to organise themselves to achieve nuclear status,

Israel used French technology and American money. So they didn't exactly 'organise themselves to achieve nuclear status' did they?

As for backward; without American money israel wouldn't be in any shape to through its weight around.
Original post by CODKING
Israel has nuclear status

It does? one research centre that Israel has no claimed is for the production of nuclear weapons does not equate that they have nuclear status... they could still be years off :tongue:
Reply 2239
It does? one research centre that Israel has no claimed is for the production of nuclear weapons does not equate that they have nuclear status... they could still be years off :tongue:

Its pretty clear they have nuclear weapons. I mean come on you cannot deny it, the amount of evidence is overwhelming.

Latest

Trending

Trending