The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Getting to the university from the train station?

I'm going to an open day next week, and I haven't really looked into how to get to the uni when I get off the train. It doesn't look far on google maps, but is there a bus service there? I would walk, but I'm more likely to get lost.
Reply 1
Arrive at the train station and find the tram stop at the top end of the station - well sign-posted. You can get on the tram on the same side as the station (going to Halfway I think it is? Don't quite remember, it's the blue line anyway! just follow the map). There's a stop which has "Uni of Sheffield" on.

Single is £1.20

When you get off you're just outside the IC building (information commons) which I suspect you have had a map sent to you for the open day so good luck from there! It's pretty close to the union area as well. Not quite sure where any of the Politics stuff is around there, I had it easy as Chemistry is just across the road :P

Original post by impossible!
(edited 13 years ago)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
http://www.transportdirect.info/Web2/Home.aspx?&repeatingloop=Y

This website is the best transport journey planner, it tells you the fastest route possible for car or public transport to your destination.
Reply 3
Original post by Nymthae
Arrive at the train station and find the tram stop at the top end of the station - well sign-posted. You can get on the tram on the same side as the station (going to Halfway I think it is? Don't quite remember, it's the blue line anyway! just follow the map). There's a stop which has "Uni of Sheffield" on.

Single is £1.20

When you get off you're just outside the IC building (information commons) which I suspect you have had a map sent to you for the open day so good luck from there! It's pretty close to the union area as well. Not quite sure where any of the Politics stuff is around there, I had it easy as Chemistry is just across the road :P

It's the blue tram route but going to Malin Bridge...Halfway is in the other direction so don't go that way. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Vickyy
It's the blue tram route but going to Malin Bridge...halfway is in the other direction so don't go that way. :tongue:

Haha, thank you! I knew one way began with 'M' and the other was Halfway :cool: guessed the wrong way round
Reply 5
Tram straight there? Awesome. I'm sure I'll find my way if I just get on the tram then! Thanks!
I've seen loads of people going to open days on the tram in the past couple of weeks so you might bump into someone else who's not sure of their way :smile:
Reply 7

Tram straight there? Awesome. I'm sure I'll find my way if I just get on the tram then! Thanks!

At the tram stop at the railway station, you'll want to be on the side closest to the train station ie don't cross over the tracks
Reply 8
Original post by wizard710
At the tram stop at the railway station, you'll want to be on the side closest to the train station ie don't cross over the tracks

Thanks, I've had a look at the tram map online too, should be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending