The Student Room Group

universities in uk

is it true that universities in UK are choosing less oversea students from now on?

I really want to apply to ucl/lse or warwick and im worried.
Reply 1
Original post by hkl1994215
is it true that universities in UK are choosing less oversea students from now on?

I really want to apply to ucl/lse or warwick and im worried.

Not at all - it is harder now to jump through all the visa restriction hoops, but we (all universities that I have dealings with) are very much actively recruiting as many , if not more, overseas applicants.

Of course, offering an place to an overseas applicant does not affect how many home/EU students we take
Reply 2
Original post by wdywuk
Not at all - it is harder now to jump through all the visa restriction hoops, but we (all universities that I have dealings with) are very much actively recruiting as many , if not more, overseas applicants.

Of course, offering an place to an overseas applicant does not affect how many home/EU students we take

I don't think so
you might want to have a look at this

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-upset-over-UK-visa-rules/Article1-666013.aspx

New visa restrictions for Indians. even i'm worried since I've applied for the law LLB course which isn't recognized in India. My plan was to do some years of job and then apply for an LLM over there. Only then I would come back since a UK LLM is recognized here.

Yesterday, the UK govt imposed these new Visa rules. If the Indian government dosen't protest for these, my career would be ruined. :|
I'm so worried
I totally agree with the 3 new conditions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending