The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
For grade 3 AB we need MTT, but if it's grade 4 then it's Time Pieces, which has Gavotte and Les Roseaux.

There's 2 Menuetto's on List B AB G3
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 41
sexysax
For grade 3 AB we need MTT, but if it's grade 4 then it's Time Pieces, which has Gavotte and Les Roseaux.

There's 2 Menuetto's on List B AB G3

yes, but we need to decide which grade first.

And Les Ros is in Music through time book 4, not Time Pieces. :rolleyes:
Reply 42
MTT Book 3 I think you'll find. Book doesn't exist.:rolleyes: right back at ya!

What grade do you think then?
Reply 43
sexysax
MTT Book 3 I think you'll find. Book doesn't exist.:rolleyes: right back at ya!

Ok book 3, but at least it aint in Time Pieces hehe
sexysax

What grade do you think then?

Hmmmm... I'm leaning towards grade 4...
Reply 44
Pft :p: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Grade 4:eek: why ?:eek:
Reply 45
sexysax

Grade 4:eek: why ?:eek:

Because you're perfectly capable of passing it well! :rolleyes:
Reply 46
Helen_w
Because you're perfectly capable of passing it well! :rolleyes:

Yes miss....:p: :rofl:

If I practice....:eek:
Reply 47
sexysax

If I practice....:eek:

You better. I expect those scales to be good by September, and the pieces all there technically so there will just be tone and stuff to do.

If you want aural practice you'll have to ask someone else :p:
Reply 48
Aural - As.If. :rofl: I'll pray and hope like I did for grade 8 sax!

Or 5th July...:eek:
Reply 49
sexysax
Aural - As.If. :rofl: I'll pray and hope like I did for grade 8 sax!

:toofunny:
sexysax

Or 5th July...:eek:

Actually yes.... Thanks for reminding me :biggrin: I'll hear some then, and the rest for september
Reply 50
Ooops hehe...so what pieces shall I do for then? The grade 4 ones and scales? I have your sight reading book too hehe:biggrin:
Reply 51
sexysax
Ooops hehe...so what pieces shall I do for then? The grade 4 ones and scales? I have your sight reading book too hehe:biggrin:

Yes, grade 4 pieces. Definately Les Ros and either 32 or 33 in the study (I can't remember which one is back on the syllabus....), and I'll let you choose your own list B :p:. And have a go at least half the scales on there for July. :biggrin:
Reply 52
I'll have all scales by July apart from A major and Ab major, unless I get those tops notes by some miracle!
Reply 53
sexysax
I'll have all scales by July apart from A major and Ab major, unless I get those tops notes by some miracle!

It might seem easier on a different flute. If you haven't got them by August when you stay here, you can try them on mine. You never know, your playing might be seriously different! :biggrin:
Reply 54
Ok:rolleyes: . I doubt my playing will be better :rolleyes: :biggrin: .
Reply 55
Wow, i would love to be able to play Piano properly. I can play songs on it (My latest being I Guess Thats Why They Call It The Blues- Elton John), but you would probably cringe if you saw me playing them, because i have no idea what fingers are meant to go where :biggrin:
i could be very interested in learning piano! it's definately a goal of mine so could be a good oppurtunity. i started when i was little, was about to take my grade 1 exam and was practicing grade 2 till we had money probs, so i guess it would be starting from scratch. hmm i don't know how practising would work out while at uni...
Reply 57
Do you have a keyboard you can bring up?
i don't atm, but could look into it...
Reply 59
Can i play in the orchestra lol?? :biggrin: I used to play the violin... I dont have one anymore though..would i have to buy one lol?

Can't promise ill be very good though lol.. i remember doing jurrasic park in the school orchestra..think i was originally doing the boring bit (wheere u dont play much dunno what u call that) but then one of the yr 10s or 11s fell ill and i got to do the tune ..i thought i was great lol haha..was in year 8 though lol! haha :biggrin:

Latest