Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official LP discussion thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    bumpp, line up for V-fest was announced recently. Looks pretty solid tbh, also considering going to that

LP should do some more touring in the UK this year imo, fair enough they'll probably be tired out from the A Thousand Suns Tour by now across the Americas but stilll
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i'm a newish Linkin Park fan and i'm loving their new album

loads of people not saying good things bout it it's brilliant i've just played blackout like 10 times in a row lol
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweety_2479)
    i'm a newish Linkin Park fan and i'm loving their new album

loads of people not saying good things bout it it's brilliant i've just played blackout like 10 times in a row lol
    welcome so how long have you been listening to LP for then, if recently

And you're a fan of A Thousand Suns? Awesome :cool: I personally love it, it's a mix of their old sound with the new, it's refreshing and generally pretty good
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    welcome so how long have you been listening to LP for then, if recently

And you're a fan of A Thousand Suns? Awesome :cool: I personally love it, it's a mix of their old sound with the new, it's refreshing and generally pretty good
    just before xmas .... remember listening to hybrid theory whilst stacking the shelves lol i've pretty much worked my way through their albums ....meteora my fav and maybe ats my 2nd i dont know

yea your right its a mix of new and old and if you play all their album in order at once ( i did so today) it does sound like it jumps from one sound to another you can just hear a progression in their music
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    HIYA!
    LIKE THIS PAGE.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-ag...98537260164261

IT'S A FAN PAGE ABOUT THE HARDCORE OLD MEN THAT WONDER AROUND DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL

THANKSS
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    sry *attempt to keep the thread alive

you guys havent forgotten about it have you D: anyone have a favourite LP music video?

For me:

What I've Done
    Breaking the Habit
    From The Inside
    Points of authority
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone else think there music has gone a bit... weird
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Weird how... exactly - I'm guessing you mean with A thousand suns and their different / alternative sound through the album, it's clearly quite a bit different from Meteora, Hybrid theory etc but I thought Wretches and Kings and Blackout sound quite a lot like their old stuff

come on gaiz, let's discuss D: lol

anyone see them live in Nov last year?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Weird how... exactly - I'm guessing you mean with A thousand suns and their different / alternative sound through the album, it's clearly quite a bit different from Meteora, Hybrid theory etc but I thought Wretches and Kings and Blackout sound quite a lot like their old stuff

come on gaiz, let's discuss D: lol

anyone see them live in Nov last year?
    I was watching some of the live videos on YouTube from their Madrid performance last year, they played Wrectches and Kings, and despite my dislike of the new album, played live, I quite enjoyed it. They had a good balance of old songs in the set, if they play a similar set at Download, then I will be more than happy to see them.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    I was watching some of the live videos on YouTube from their Madrid performance last year, they played Wrectches and Kings, and despite my dislike of the new album, played live, I quite enjoyed it. They had a good balance of old songs in the set, if they play a similar set at Download, then I will be more than happy to see them.
    Cool, yeah I've seen some of them too - they did new and old songs *was just about to say that too

Man I wanna go with you to Download lol, you seem quite the Rock festival veteran. my mate's seen Linkin Park twice or so, at Projekt revolution a few years ago too.... lucky :rolleyes:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cool, yeah I've seen some of them too - they did new and old songs *was just about to say that too

Man I wanna go with you to Download lol, you seem quite the Rock festival veteran. my mate's seen Linkin Park twice or so, at Projekt revolution a few years ago too.... lucky :rolleyes:
    Nah I'm no veteran lol last year was my first year, did Download and Reading. But I was lucky to have some veterans introducing me to the experience
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:

Best LP video
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hammerboy)
    anyone else think there music has gone a bit... weird
    It's certainly different.

I've been a fan of LP since late 1999 / early 2000+ Hybrid Theory years. Nu-metal was in it's prime back then with Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach etc. Nowadays Nu-metal is dead. Linkin Park had to change to stay successful. I agree that their best music was Hybrid Theory / Meteora. Them two albums defined the band.

A Thousand Suns, at a glance, can seem like an electro-pop mess. I didn't like it at first. But once you listen to it a few times, you really will appreciate it for what it is; an epic story. From start to finish, a Thousand Suns is an emotional roller-coaster and the tracks blend in to each other seamlessly. Not even Hybrid Theory or Meteora could accomplish that.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah best video is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgycukafqQ - What I've dooone, gem of a video
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen it mentioned in the thread, but there was a new single released from the album a few months ago. Here's the video!

I still don't get it
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    In the End Is Awesome !!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxecute)
    Haven't seen it mentioned in the thread, but there was a new single released from the album a few months ago. Here's the video!

I still don't get it
    looks pretty good

The video for Irridescent is out as well, it's on the soundtrack for Transformers dark btw, would have been cool if they did a stand alone song for the film too but hey

LP + Michael bays' Transformers films works great imo
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    From the Hybrid Theory Demo CD:

• 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackshadow)
    From the Hybrid Theory Demo CD:

Never heard that TBH, not feelin it if I'm honest, which is odd because I rate most their early work.

The instrumental to this is amazing
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Never heard that TBH, not feelin it if I'm honest, which is odd because I rate most their early work.

The instrumental to this is amazing
    Haha A place for my head is in my top 10 list of best LP songs <3

I think you might like this:

It's the In the End demo, they recorded it in 1997 (I think).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 7, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.