The Student Room Group

'Tuna Tikka Masala': Awful things you've eaten out of sheer desperation/laziness.

Scroll to see replies

Porridge, tofu and Worcestershire sauce. Don't ask.
Reply 21
Original post by Wilzyy
LOL, that is awful!

I've had cheesy rice, not very good.
But then some of my best recipes have been made in this impromptu way e.g. my special faux risotto :wink:

It was hell trying to cook in his halls, he didn't have ANYTHING.
sausages are the lazy mans best freind. Also frey bentos pies mmmmmmm

What about cheesy peas?

I used to make fry ups in a cheese toasy maker, also converted a chip pan into a slow cooker.
Genesis.
I thought it was making a statement to an aggresive Bible basher. Instead i got indigestion.
The joys of having been a retarded child....
My mothers cooking... never again
My boyfriend once had curry sauce with pasta and tuna at about 9am after a night out as he was hungry and that's all he had... ew!
Reply 26
I once ate a pack of dry supernoodles because I really wanted some breakfast and was running late for a lecture.

I often have cold baked beans with barbeque sauce and parmesan cheese. Eaten straight out the can, naturally. Despite the criticism of my flatmates this actually tastes really good thus it gets eaten alot.

Actually I eat a lot of canned food cold because I can't be bothered to microwave it / wait for it to be microwaved. Cold canned ravioli, spaghetti hoops and tomato soup are a regular occurance. Vegatable soup cold was a definite bad decision though. I blame Leeds Festival for my tolerance of cold canned food.

My latest lazy food has been a load of chopped up potatoes, thrown in the oven with oil and then covered with barbeque sauce. It sounds marginally normal, but I don't bother to cut them into any recognisable shape and they generally turn out pretty messy.
I used to buy tins of tikka tuna, it was really nice! I'm odd though...

I'm sure I've tried disgusting things but I can't think of anything :s-smilie:
Not out of desperation, but because a local Chinese food place advertised it as beef, I've eaten cat :/
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
You were surely stoned for this to occur?

Nope, just desperately hungry. It would of made more sense if we were stoned though :p:
Reply 30
Original post by DarkWhite
Not out of desperation, but because a local Chinese food place advertised it as beef, I've eaten cat :/

:zomg:

How did you find out it was cat?
Reply 31
I made stir fry noodles, the other way round lol. I fried it then I decided to boil it. I think that beats everything here because that was so horrible but it smelt so nice, I thought it was going to be the best food I've ever made.

On the other hand today, I made baked beans(with milk inside it) and noodles and I decided to cook the noodles halfway and put it in the baked beans. I put the barbeque beef sachet in the baked beans, mixed it then put the noodles in. It was pretty much the nicest thing i've ever made by experimenting.
Reply 32
on our last ever D of E expedition...

... pasta and golden syrup :/
Ah yep, eaten a dry beef potnoodle once, gave me a pretty bad tummy ache. Pickled herring is really good to, from polish shops. The local welsh delicacy is cheese caulslaw, basically lots of types of grated cheese plus mayo with nothing else. Also cheesy pork.

Working at festivals I lived off mini chedders and red bull for 3 days as we had sponsership, salt and caffine = massive cramp, insomnia and all over itching...

Once found a nuckle joint in a steak slice, and steaks don't have nuckles. And a tooth in a garlic sausage.

We got a load of out of date mince pies from a skip once, they were good, but I hate mince pies, also know someone who hung a phesent till it droped... By the neck, not the tail feathers... It was pretty green..

We used to keep goats so when we killed them we pickled the ribs. Thats what I cut my teeth on as a baby :smile: also used to drink the milk fresh from the udder, lol warm and goaty!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
heinz baked beans and rice :mmm:
I once ate a 2 day old sandwich from the bin...it tasted quite nice, maybe because it had matured :ahee:
Reply 36
Original post by CapnHooch

+

+

My stomach still hurts.

and I think we have a winner, I must say, I am rather impressed:congrats:
Original post by fran.ha
My boyfriend used to cook me 'crunch rice' when I went to stay with him. It was rice, not cooked all the way through, mixed with every herb/spice he had in the cupboard. Usually eaten out of the pan it was made in possibly using a wooden spoon because he had no cutlery or plates.

Are you sure we didn't date the same guy :awesome:?

It was literally yuk rice (either uncooked or soggy)a pinch of dried herbs & a squirt of tomato puree. Usually always with frozen veg and occasionally mince. I still remember the taste...4 years ago!
Reply 38
Original post by I<3LAMP
Are you sure we didn't date the same guy :awesome:?

It was literally yuk rice (either uncooked or soggy)a pinch of dried herbs & a squirt of tomato puree. Usually always with frozen veg and occasionally mince. I still remember the taste...4 years ago!

TOMATO PUREE. He must be the same person. Tomato puree does not equate to bolognese sauce.
Made pasta, couldnt find the cheese, used ground cheese and onion crisps.

Made cornflakes, didnt have any milk, used water.

Quick Reply

Latest